Thread: Roadrace Motorsports

Fuel Injected!

Roadrace Motorsports

Plain and simple....

Is this a scam? And why?

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=1982
    '86 Grand National

I think so! Looks like all the rest that plug inline with like IAT and has resister in box to change temps = add fuel = change timing. They are all over ebay for $30.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    That's the argument with the community, although Mark Tallini claims there are two processors buried in black epoxy.

Hi everyone, Rob Tallini here. I am the owner of Road Race and wanted to touch on a few things that have been said in this forum.

Let me clear things up for all here. I cannot speak to the person or persons who do not understand what they see but these sort of misunderstandings need to get fixed now. Our Spectrum Tuner is made for us by a very reputable company that makes Engine control solutions for everyone from TRD to Vortec. This company ALSO is the same company that provides the turbo engine management for our custom Turbo Kits that we've created for N/A base model vehicles like the Lancer, SX4, and Kizashi for several years now. This company does not and would not ever make a product that was unsafe or a "fake" for you or any other customer. That said, it is important to understand that all the boxes are potted in black epoxy for 2 reasons. One is to protect all of the components from the elements and from any possible chance of become loose. This is a practice that was developed for MILITARY specification work. Secondly, this same process is done not in clear, but black so that engineers from other companies cannot discern what parts and what configuration of parts are used on the circuit board. This is to be sure that even someone (electrical engineer) cannot figure out what is on the board. This circuit board has 2 microprocessors on it. They are the latest generation of processors so they are small like what one would find in a smart phone. They are so small they cannot even be soldered by human hands.

I can see where someone would think they are not there but the potting is dense and designed to do just that. The engineers of this board will never show you the board. Even I am not allowed to see this. Rest assured 120%, there is a processor for ignition timing and another that controls fuel curves. I am sure this is just an honest error on the part of a member but understand there are many disinformation artists on forums hiding as members but are really other vendors. Please be sure to ask us or consider the source. Again this is hidden so that engineers themselves cannot discern the parts so any layman certainly cannot know what is on the board.

I will try to have my staff and I monitor these boards more frequently but we'd like this subject to be immediately addressed so that we can move forward. It's quite frustrating to see "hunches" and theories on this board but we as a staff, do realize our tardiness to this thread may have accounted for a lot of speculation and for that we apologize. Feel free to call us for any inquiries you have. 562-906-0080 We welcome calls and we are absolutely doing our best to ensure your money is being well spent on quality parts that have been tested and tested again.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    I think its a scam...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '86 Grand National

Super Moderator
    looks to be of the signal interceptor type.... their own images show some janky things going on. not to mention TINY wirecount for supposedly controlling so much.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    "MAP Sensor, and Injector plugs are plug and play in-line, the IAT sensor has 1 plug and two tails"

Why would they use a single injector plug?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    bump
    '86 Grand National