Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 747 TBI conversion -fuel pump recommendation- electric fan

747 TBI conversion -fuel pump recommendation- electric fan

1) Which inline fuel pumps do you guys use for a 350 TBI conversions? Prefer an OEM pump, going in a streetrod.

2) Is it possible to flash the 747 for an electric fan signal, may just use a temp sending unit.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDZIP View Post
    1) Which inline fuel pumps do you guys use for a 350 TBI conversions? Prefer an OEM pump, going in a streetrod.

2) Is it possible to flash the 747 for an electric fan signal, may just use a temp sending unit.

thanks
    I'm using an e2000. I think its OEM for a lot of early 90's Ford applications. It supplies more than enough pressure for a TBI. The regulator will send whatever pressure is not used back to the tank.
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

I would use the external mounted fuel pump from a 1987 Ford F150 5.0 liter. I would buy the Carter P74028 or the Motorcraft PF4 (If I had just won the lottery). The Ford F150 uses an intank fuel pump and the external fuel pump. For TBI only the external pump is needed.

thanks
    Not that I am aware of.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by mmigacz View Post
    I'm using an e2000. I think its OEM for a lot of early 90's Ford applications. It supplies more than enough pressure for a TBI. The regulator will send whatever pressure is not used back to the tank.
    If I'm thinking correctly, the E2000 fuel pump is an Airtex part number, used in many Ford pickups from 1986 ~ 1991.

dave w

I use the E2000 on my TPI engines AKA: Delco EP286, Carter P74028, Airtex E2000...it has twice the pressure needed for TBI... Was hoping there was one around 50 psi or under.

Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    That Ford pump is pretty popular. I'm using one on a LT1 engine.

I had a Ranger at one time with the external pump. There was a canister that looked like a fuel filter on the frame above the tank but there was no filter in it. I unscrewed the cup off it to check what was inside. The little in-tank pump fed this canister. The fuel tank had no baffles and it seems to me that canister was being used as a surge tank.

Don't know if this picture will work, but this is my 33 Chevy with a E2000 and standard GM filter.

Here's the front half!

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    That Ford pump is pretty popular. I'm using one on a LT1 engine.

That's good to know..I'm installing a 95 LT1 engine in my son's 37 Chevy in the next month or so. Just finished up the alternator mounting bracket. I'm sure I'll be looking for help flashing that ECM.

Fuel Injected!
    i buy all my pumps from one place TREperformance and get them sent all the way down here to newzealand.you probably dont need one this big but they do all sizes and drop in OEM replacements. http://treperformance.com/i-788467-u...fuel-pump.html

That's good to know..I'm installing a 95 LT1 engine in my son's 37 Chevy in the next month or so. Just finished up the alternator mounting bracket. I'm sure I'll be looking for help flashing that ECM.
    I owe you one and I'm set up to bench flash the LT1, but not sure how my health will be in next month or so, but we will try...

There is no fan temps to use in the 7747.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I had a Ranger at one time with the external pump. There was a canister that looked like a fuel filter on the frame above the tank but there was no filter in it. I unscrewed the cup off it to check what was inside. The little in-tank pump fed this canister. The fuel tank had no baffles and it seems to me that canister was being used as a surge tank.
    Originally those frame mounted canisters had filters in them, somewhere along the way they quit putting filters in them. On the full size trucks they also served as dual tank connection going from four lines to two lines.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Carb and Points!
    EDZIP,

If you look in the back of a AC delco fuel pump catalog, you can get the specs on mostly all delco pumps. They will tell you the type of pump, max pressure and so forth. If you can't find it, email me and I will look it up for you. Also, airtex use to make quite a few pumps for delco, and if you can find specs for the airtex pump you can go that root also.
    If you don't have any success with the above info, call Airtex and ask for the technical dept. They have always been very helpful and will give you specs and part numbers. With a TBI 15 psi running works very well with 350's. if you have a pump that produces 30 psi max I would dare to venture that would suffice.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by streetperf View Post
    EDZIP,

If you look in the back of a AC delco fuel pump catalog, you can get the specs on mostly all delco pumps. They will tell you the type of pump, max pressure and so forth. If you can't find it, email me and I will look it up for you. Also, airtex use to make quite a few pumps for delco, and if you can find specs for the airtex pump you can go that root also.
    If you don't have any success with the above info, call Airtex and ask for the technical dept. They have always been very helpful and will give you specs and part numbers. With a TBI 15 psi running works very well with 350's. if you have a pump that produces 30 psi max I would dare to venture that would suffice.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I'll see if I can locate an AC Delco catalog on line..really appreciate all of you guys jumping in! Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I owe you one and I'm set up to bench flash the LT1, but not sure how my health will be in next month or so, but we will try...
    Mark

Really appreciate the offer and would like to take you up on it. Of course I'll pay the postage out and back. I still have your shipping info in my PM's.

Ed