Thread: Bricked an 0411

Fuel Injected!

Bricked an 0411

Was reprogramming something on my werk truck and computer shut off midway (slipped off my lap,musta hit a button in process).
    Now i'm getting nothing from it.
    Tried pcm recovery several times but it just keeps asking me for the security key.
    I was doing a full flash at the time,and i'm afraid I scrambled the bootloader if my understanding is correct.
    I do not have the skill (or equipment) to desolder the chip amd try messing with it in burner (if it would even fit any of my adaptors).
    Any suggestions?
    I know Noodih can unbrick it,but $65 to unbrick versus $14.99 for a used 0411 just ain't sensible or cost effective lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    I know Noodih can unbrick it,but $65 to unbrick versus $14.99 for a used 0411 just ain't sensible or cost effective lol.
    If you can get used '0411 @ $14.99 each, I'll buy three today, and more next week!

dave w

if you have a bench top use antus flash tool to sniff out the seed and key or try FFFF. I have also had one bricked i used a bench harness disconnected from power touched the power and ground feed wires to drain any capacitors and was able to recover.

Fuel Injected!
    Lol,I should clarify that it is pullapart prices but I gotta find the pcm's.
    currently i've already bought out most of their useable pcms. Waiting for some new stuff to come in.

roughneck I'll try both of those suggestions tonight on the bench,hopefully one works cause not sure when I'll come across another 0411.
    Need to make a trip this week though so hopefully they'll have one.
    if all else fails i'll just give it to noodih if he wants to pay shipping. Pcm cores are only $2 so no biggie there.
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 12-20-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Lol,I should clarify that it is pullapart prices but I gotta find the pcm's.
    currently i've already bought out most of their useable pcms. Waiting for some new stuff to come in.

roughneck I'll try both of those suggestions tonight on the bench,hopefully one works cause not sure when I'll come across another 0411.
    Need to make a trip this week though so hopefully they'll have one.
    if all else fails i'll just give it to noodih if he wants to pay shipping. Pcm cores are only $2 so no biggie there.
    You can send it to either location, but if you send it to N0dih you will need shipping instructions.

Fuel Injected!
    I've yet to try roughneck's suggestion even,been busy lately but finally finishing up a project that has consumed alot of time.
    In fact,i've yet to even put my spare 0411 in the truck.
    Truck doesn't originally run an 0411,I just swapped it in because I can kludge the 0411 to allow an old hyperpac computer to work with it.
    Don't use the programming on it,but like it to monitor stuff when towing and in general.
    Easier than torque atm for what I use it for.