Thread: Is there an Oil Pressure and Water Temp. output signal on 95 LT1 PCM ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Is there an Oil Pressure and Water Temp. output signal on 95 LT1 PCM ?

Hey Guys
    I looked through the 95 LT1 wiring diagrams but did not see a pinout labeled oil pressure.
    I have a Tech Rods stand-alone wiring harness for 1995 LT1 & 4l60E that I would like to get connected to the wiring of a 93 s10 Blazer instrument cluster. I was using mechanical gauges for water temperture and oil pressure but want to have the dash gauge work.
    Thanks for any help Ken

Super Moderator
    those should both be discrete sensors and the guages for them should be driven directly from the sensors themselves.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    The gauges use their own sensors that are completely separate from the fuel injection system. An LT1 typically had the coolant temperature sensor in the side of the passenger head and the oil pressure sensor in the port at the back of the block just behind the intake manifold. The EFI system uses the coolant temperature probe that is installed in the water pump.

Electronic Ignition!
    I know the oil pressure sensor is connected to the engine pcm wiring harness but there is no output wires for the oil pressure gauge on the harness.
    I will try talking to Tech Rods tomorrow at lunch and see what they say about tapping into the wires to feed the gauge cluster. I have already printed the wiring diagrams for the s10 so I can tie them into

As for the Coolant Sensor I try to find the right connector for the sensor and put into the passenger side cylinder head like lionelhutz mentioned.
    This where I had my mechanical temp gauge located.

Thanks for the replys

Super Moderator
    i'm looking at the diagram of a 95 camaro LT1 and i'm not seeing an oil pressure input to the PCM, just one for the guage. i'm not seeing it in the corvette application either.... oil temperature shows up for that one though.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    I agree, oil pressure was definitely not an input to the PCM. Is this connection down by the oil filter? That's where the Vette had the oil temperature probe installed.

Electronic Ignition!
    I did not see the oil pressure sensor either on the pcm diagrams just thought I had missed it. Would it have some thing to do with Oil Life /Oil Change light. I think these cars had that feature. Maybe it the temperture that I'm thinking about.

The connection is on the oil pressure sensor at the back of the block on the driver's side.
    Down near the oil filter is where I had the mechanical gauge connected. Hopefully Tech Rods can fill me in.

Here is the link to Techrods 94-95 LT1 wiring harness if your interested.
    http://techrods.com/Products/Engine%...4-95%20LT1.htm
    Last edited by nchittman; 12-18-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added link

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by nchittman View Post
    Hey Guys
    I looked through the 95 LT1 wiring diagrams but did not see a pinout labeled oil pressure.
    I have a Tech Rods stand-alone wiring harness for 1995 LT1 & 4l60E that I would like to get connected to the wiring of a 93 s10 Blazer instrument cluster. I was using mechanical gauges for water temperture and oil pressure but want to have the dash gauge work.
    Thanks for any help Ken
    Here you go
    100_1595.jpg100_1597.jpg
    Avatar is my motor 800 RPM 184ft Lbs Torque 18 inches x 18 inches x 9 inches thick external combustion engine.

98 WS-6 full tube chassis rally car Aluminum Block LS2 (soon to be LSX 376)(in Storage)
    95 Suburban 6 inch drop, Pioneer DVD in Dash 5.7 TBI, 220cc 2.02x1.60 64cc heads, Stainless longtube headers 2.5 crossover 3 inch exhaust, LT-4 roller cam.
    2002 Seville STS