Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12200411 - A Few General Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    The biggest place you would notice it is when coasting down, high vacum situation where the tires are driving the engine. Stepping on the clutch pedal changes the airflow requirements, pcm compensates. Base running airflow and throttle cracker can cover this.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

For the needs of your particular build, I think the EFIConnection timing cover would be your best choice. You can use that cover with EFIConnections double row timing set that has the CMP reluctor built into it. This cover would give you what you are looking for----Double row chain, CKP sensor, CMP sensor and not affect your stock distributor.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    For the needs of your particular build, I think the EFIConnection timing cover would be your best choice. You can use that cover with EFIConnections double row timing set that has the CMP reluctor built into it. This cover would give you what you are looking for----Double row chain, CKP sensor, CMP sensor and not affect your stock distributor.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Where can I see this cover/timing set?
    EFIConnection's web-site leaves a bit to be desired. They seem to offer many products that aren't listed. A catalog would be ideal.
    I've seen their modified Vortec cover that fits GEN I SBCs but it looks like it's simply the Vortec cover with a GEN I flange grafted on?
    From my understanding, it still doesn't support a double row timing chain- If it does, they should list that detail on their web-site and they'd get a TON of sales!
    I also don't see where where they offer a double row timing chain / reluctor combo?
    I will be utilizing the 4x crank reluctor, which I don't think EFIConnection has re-tooled for GEN I / double timing chain applications.
    Can you clarify?
    Thanks!
    Elm

Elm,
    There will soon be a SBC / BBC distributor (small cap point style) that has both the '0411 4x crank sensor and the cam sensor. It will Not have provisions for the mechanical tachometer. The above mentioned distributor is patented! Pricing has not been determined. The first production run is scheduled in early 2014. Production runs are currently being quoted.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Elm,
    There will soon be a SBC / BBC distributor (small cap point style) that has both the '0411 4x crank sensor and the cam sensor. It will Not have provisions for the mechanical tachometer. The above mentioned distributor is patented! Pricing has not been determined. The first production run is scheduled in early 2014. Production runs are currently being quoted.

dave w
    Dave,
    Will this be a dual pickup distributor (4x and 1x sensors)? Will this be an EFIConnection item?
    Sounds like a great idea but unless they sell the components individually, it still won't help with my specific application.
    As stubborn as it sounds, I am not giving up my mechanical tach drive.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ezobens View Post
    Dave,
    Will this be a dual pickup distributor (4x and 1x sensors)? Will this be an EFIConnection item?
    Sounds like a great idea but unless they sell the components individually, it still won't help with my specific application.
    As stubborn as it sounds, I am not giving up my mechanical tach drive.
    lol
    The distributor I've mentioned Is Not a product to / from EFI Connections. The distributor is dual pickup, using two individual factory sensors. At this point in time, I can Not reveal who's distributor it is. Mechanical drive is PO$$IBLE, but your not going to like the price! At this point in time, I Can Not post screen shots of the CAD drawings.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    The distributor I've mentioned Is Not a product to / from EFI Connections. The distributor is dual pickup, using two individual factory sensors. At this point in time, I can Not reveal who's distributor it is. Mechanical drive is PO$$IBLE, but your not going to like the price! At this point in time, I Can Not post screen shots of the CAD drawings.

dave w
    Ahh. Cloak and Dagger stuff.. love it.
    Any ballpark on when this product will be GA?

Fuel Injected!

VSS

It looks like the VSS provision that Keisler has on their SS700 trans is for the Ford style analog VSS.
    I'm guessing that it will in NO way be compatible with the 12200411 PCM?
    If not, I will need to research my options for an in-line VSS with the stock cable-
    The problem is that the SS700 doesn't use the threaded GM style speedometer gear adapter (it's just a fitting with an o-ring that is held in place with a clamp like a distributor) so I may need to do some digging...
    Elm

It looks like the VSS provision that Keisler has on their SS700 trans is for the Ford style analog VSS.
    I'm guessing that it will in NO way be compatible with the 12200411 PCM?
    If not, I will need to research my options for an in-line VSS with the stock cable-
    The problem is that the SS700 doesn't use the threaded GM style speedometer gear adapter (it's just a fitting with an o-ring that is held in place with a clamp like a distributor) so I may need to do some digging...
    Elm
    JTR offers a drive shaft mounted VSS http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...ctor-Diff.html

Pics below show a custom built VSS assembly, similar to the JTR part.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahh. Cloak and Dagger stuff.. love it.
    Any ballpark on when this product will be GA?
    There has been a considerable amount of time / research / expense developing this distributor, so there is a need to keep things under wraps. The early design used the large cap HEI, which worked extremely well. The business decision to go with "as small as possible" is where everyone felt would be the most marketable to bring to develop. Not sure on the release date, most likely in the first 90 days of 2014.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    There has been a considerable amount of time / research / expense developing this distributor, so there is a need to keep things under wraps. The early design used the large cap HEI, which worked extremely well. The business decision to go with "as small as possible" is where everyone felt would be the most marketable to bring to develop. Not sure on the release date, most likely in the first 90 days of 2014.

dave w
    Awesome-
    Please keep us posted!
    Elm

Fuel Injected!
    JTR offers a drive shaft mounted VSS http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Par...ctor-Diff.html

Pics below show a custom built VSS assembly, similar to the JTR part.

dave w
    Nice hardware but seems a bit more complicated than I need to just get a speed signal?
    I see that Dakota Digital makes a model SEN-01-2 VSS that fits Ford (and my SS700) that is an 8K pulse generator-
    Can the 12200411 be modified to accept this 8K signal? If so, I'm golden and it's only like $35!

Fuel Injected!
    Where can I see this cover/timing set?
    The setup with the 1x cam signal on the front cover isn't available yet so not much detail. The picture does show double row timing gear sprockets.

You could use the LT1 kit for the double row timing chain. The water pump drive hole would have to be plugged.

Nice hardware but seems a bit more complicated than I need to just get a speed signal?
    I see that Dakota Digital makes a model SEN-01-2 VSS that fits Ford (and my SS700) that is an 8K pulse generator-
    Can the 12200411 be modified to accept this 8K signal? If so, I'm golden and it's only like $35!
    Below is screen shot of the EFI Live '0411 speedometer calibrations. ETC is Electronic Throttle Control. 8K pulses seems like a calibration challenge.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Below is screen shot of the EFI Live '0411 speedometer calibrations. ETC is Electronic Throttle Control. 8K pulses seems like a calibration challenge.

dave w
    Since I have never played with these PCMs before, I still have a lot to learn.
    I know that GM had 2K and 4K pulse VSS but what does that equate to in the table you provided above?
    Is that 2K or 4K per revolution or per KM or?
    Again, I apologize for the dumb question(s) but I do want to learn about all this stuff.
    Thank you for your patience!
    Elm