Greetings- New member here looking to pick some brains
Looking to install a FIRST TPI system into my 69' Corvette utilizing the 1220411 PCM.
It's running a 409 SBC, 5-speed with A/C- Strictly a play toy, not a 1/4 miler..
As I sift though the volumes of information on the subject, I do have several questions that I have not been able to find the answers. Perhaps someone can chime in?

Distributor:
Has anyone attempted to graft the Vortec style distributor reluctor wheel and CMP onto a points style GM distributor?
I plan on running sequential injection with a single coil and distributor and I want to keep the original mechanical tach drive intact. I'd love to see if anyone has done this.

Knock sensors:
It seems the later 'Flat Response' style are more flexible than the 'Resonant' style (and I don't like the idea of losing a block drain to install it)- Is there any difference other than the connector between the 21024981 (Vortec) and 12623730 (LS) Knock Sensor? Which would be best for my application?

VSS:
I'm running a 5-Speed manual (SS 700). Do I need a VSS to run the 12200411? What does the VSS get me?
I don't have cruise control, will have cable driven throttle and I am running stock analog instruments so unless there is a performance or reliability advantage, do I need it?

Clutch Switch:
Not sure if this is used in conjunction with the VSS or if it works alone? Is there an advantage to using it? Should I?

Oil Pressure Sensor:
Again, is this something I need? I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge and I really don't need the PCM to alert me (by shutting down) if my oil pressure is gone. Is there any other advantage for having it other than an engine safety net?

MAF sensor:
This may be a dumb question but I can't seem to find an answer. Is size a factor? I'm assuming the MAF needs to be at least the same diameter as the throttle body but does it matter if it's bigger (IE wanting to use the 5-wire, 85mm MAF sensor with a 71mm throttle body)?

I hope I haven't scared folks away with my first post but these are the bulk of the questions I currently have.
Any experience, insight or wisdom would be most appreciated.
Also, I'd love to hear from anyone that has installed EFI (any kind) into a C3.
Thank you for your time!
Elm