Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
With the 0411 PCM the L31 Vortec engines (Express / Savana) were equipped with Resonant style knock sensors, just like the LSx engines were. There are no OEM defined tables / settings for Flat Response style knocks sensors with these engines using a PCM (0411).

If you conduct an internet search regarding operating an LS2 engine with a PCM, you will read for hours about all of the impasses to attempting to correctly integrate Flat Response knock sensors and a PCM (0411).

Some have tried (and failed) to use the knock sensor settings from a 4.3L V6 using Flat Response knock sensors and a PCM (0411).

Their are couple of companies who offer a wiring harness and PCM that will supposedly achieve this - they don't work. These are typically sold as LS2 conversion kits. Anyone using one of these setups has no knock protection.

Most people who have swapped in a 24x CKP LS2 have mounted the Resonant style knock sensors.
OK-
I was following the path of since the the 4.3L Vortec used the Flat Response Sensors with the 12200411 PCM, why couldn't I just overwrite the 5.7L Knock code with the 4.3L? Seems from the outside that this wouldn't be hard to do but then I have ZERO experience playing with any code within these controllers.
Bummer, on paper it sounds like this would be a fairly easy switch but it sounds like not so much.
Thanks!
Elm