Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
X2!

I've done several differant EFI systems without VSS and some were a lot of tuning work! Then add VSS and they all ran better, even if you don't need accurate speed, just the ECM/PCM knowing the vehicle is moving or not makes Idle so much better. Amongst other things!

Also done a lot of differant motors with TBI injection and made a small cap EFI distributor for every one. Jeep, Ford, Chrysler, etc...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...BI-Conversions!
I've seen this post and it's very ingenious- Unfortunately, I don't think I can utilize the 2 piece shaft arrangement in my application due to the mechanical tach drive and the cam plate assembly required to attach the points style rotor. I think my best bet will be to alter the cam plate to allow me to attach the reluctor securely.
Luckily, I have a lot of spare OEM points distributors laying around that I can butcher (err- "Engineer") and try to make something that works.
The biggest machining operation would be to the notch the main body so I could attach the OEM CMP sensor without having to notch distributor caps.
Thanks for the ideas!
Elm