Thread: Tunercat VDF editor and bluecat VE app integration

Electronic Ignition!

Tunercat VDF editor and bluecat VE app integration

Anyone have experience with this? How in depth is reversing the x and y axis of a map? I would like to create my own LS1 VDF's to make editing in Efi Live more intuitive.
    Also, I am on the verge of purchasing the CAN interface. After a few questions to John over at TC, I feel like it is necessary to also purchase the VDF editor. If Busta is around, I'd like to know if you ever got resolve with the bluecat VE app importing and exporting to TC. I know there was an issue with digit resolution.... I love the Efi Live scanner and the TC licensing scheme!!

Fuel Injected!
    The VDF Editor works very well, and is definitely worth the small cost (and then some).

It would be easy to switch the axis of the VE table of an LS1 style VDF - to mirror EFILive. Once you open the VDF with the Editor you would merely have to switch the row & column parameters (number of rows & columns, X & Y axis form numbers), and then change the table direction from "by rows" to "by columns".

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the reply buzz. Thats almost exactly what I thought was necessary after looking at the demo.

Electronic Ignition!
    Do you know if data precision can be increased for the vve coefficients. Im all in with the tc can cable if I can figure out a way to manipulate the vve tables.

Fuel Injected!
    Data precision has two components - displayed and magnitude of change. The magnitude of change relates to the constant (multiplier) being used to manipulate the raw Hex data.

As an example, 8 bit data in Hex may represent a maximum value of 256 in decimal. If the constant applied was 1.00, then decimal values of 1 through 256 could exist - and the precision would be the nearest whole number (no meaningful decimal place holder).

If the constant applied was 0.10, then decimal values of 0.1 through 25.6 could exist. The "true" precision would only be to one decimal place.

TC bases the displayed precision on the decimal value "step size" or true precision - and this cannot be changed.

EFILive and HPT will allow the user to set the displayed precision to multiple decimal places - however, this is for display purposes only, if the displayed precision exceeds the actual precision.

Ever notice when working in HPT, if you change the desired shift time of a T43 calibration by entering a desired value, after you reopen the file it will often have changed slightly from the value that you entered ? That is the result of the actual precision (step size) being applied to the value that you entered.

My two cents ... the answer is not to change TC, but to change the displayed decimal places when using the BlueCat Tool. You may have to import the data into Excel and either round or truncate the values.

I have never tried this ... I use EFILive for SD tuning of the Gen IV LSx engines - it is the most straight forward method.