Thread: Need some help with understanding the DFCO.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And set your Stoich AFR to 14.13...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark do you mean he might have predetenation miss fire but no knock count?

Fuel Injected!
    Two logs from last night and this morning, (way to work and home) using the bin that ony fixed up:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    damanx here is another bin that is from you 2 data logs history average, I going to try your original bin in my truck and see how it runs after I change it to a standard been.

Fuel Injected!
    damanx I tried your bin in my truck still thinking about it. try this bin going to work and home and data log it or a data log and a 10 second restart about the same distance back, it may run rich it is what I have been playing with in my truck 4.3i changed some things to match your auto bin my truck is a std trans. its aysn bin, my 4.3 likes them better I think it is the way ge designed the heads an intake is why they like aysn bins. mine likes a 288 ecm a lot more than a 747, even though you don't have as many things that you can adjust. if you get time try this bin.

Fuel Injected!
    ps, my 64bit lap top shows less timming on all data logs than my 32bit desk top. this week end I will data log with my 32bit lap top to see if there is a problem with 64 bits, my old lap top has a screen going bad same adx but almost 5.7 degrezz timming differnts.all the bins I up load on this one may be corrupt. is any one else running a 64 an 32 bit system and seeing a different amount of timmimg with $42 5.2 adx?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    ps, my 64bit lap top shows less timming on all data logs than my 32bit desk top. this week end I will data log with my 32bit lap top to see if there is a problem with 64 bits, my old lap top has a screen going bad same adx but almost 5.7 degrezz timming differnts.all the bins I up load on this one may be corrupt. is any one else running a 64 an 32 bit system and seeing a different amount of timmimg with $42 5.2 adx?
    That may explain the issues with my seeing different timing in TP and the timing analyzer showing actual crank timing.

Fuel Injected!
    damanx here is another bin that is from you 2 data logs history average, I going to try your original bin in my truck and see how it runs after I change it to a standard been.

Hey Ony,

Joy for me as I had to replace the heater core in the truck this afternoon. Fortunately, it only took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish and I did not have to remove the dash to do it.

In any case, I changed the stoich from 14.7 to 14.13 and drove that in last night. I noticed that the blm's went richer. On my lunch, I tweaked the ve table again and then drove that bin home.

here is that bin with a data log.

That makes no sense ony? I run both 32 and 64 bit laptops and no timing or any other issues. You never know though, dam computers!

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    In any case, I changed the stoich from 14.7 to 14.13 and drove that in last night. I noticed that the blm's went richer. On my lunch, I tweaked the ve table again and then drove that bin home.
    That's what happens when you start the calibration with correct information!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    That's what happens when you start the calibration with correct information!
    I swear I screw myself a lot when I look too much into things sometimes.....

The correct info on adjusting blm's seems to have cleared up the too rich condition on deceleration.

Oh, one other issue I need to look at is, being that the truck is outside in the morning, versus being in the garage when I leave for work, it seems that my in gear idle just after going into closed loop is pretty ratty. I'm thinking bumping up the desired idle c/l in that temp range up another 50 rpm.

Sound correct?

eagle mark do you mean he might have predetenation miss fire but no knock count?
    Just a missfire, decel and DFCO are leaner and harder to light off is why the timing is usually higher.

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    Two logs from last night and this morning, (way to work and home) using the bin that ony fixed up:
    BLM tables were about perfect, what's the issue?

-= =-