Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TBI issues

Fuel Injected!
    not a super special one but yes

Fuel Injected!
    Check these links out and if you still don't get it let us know.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using+an+ohmmet...eck+continuity

Fuel Injected!
    i still dont get it, swapped chips to stock stock is worse, knock sensor replaced im told its getting signal to the computer.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok hear me out. Have u checked to make sure the torque converter clutch isnt somehow stuck on lugging the engine down? Maybe a pinched wire in the harness to the trans? Might try unplugging the trans connector and see if changes.

If the chip works in ur friends truck then its not the tune.

Just food for thought.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

This thread is all over the place and I have no idea what issue we are looking for?

Other then a error code 43!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerz281500 View Post
    i still dont get it, swapped chips to stock stock is worse, knock sensor replaced im told its getting signal to the computer.
    Who told you the signal is getting to PCM?

Does it still have error 43? You said earlier you replaced knock sensor. Which one did you put in? They are differant from Auto to Manual.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

You said to me in a PM...
    since my thread died, code 43 either knock sensor or spark control module, which is built into the computer will any 16168625 computer work or does it specifically have to have a bdjy bin file code. coimputers the last thing it could be unless the vss could cause an issue like this?
    Do you have a VSS error code? Do you have a VSS? Why do you mention VSS?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i dunno im out of ideas so im thinking at wierd stuff. firend checked the wire to the knock sensor as he went through the same issue of a break in the wiring. i put in a knock sensor for an automatic with a 5.7 for a 93.

which trans connector should i unplug or where at on the trans i should ask.

i know its all over the place but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, so to me itd seem like its only happening under load and i have no way of checking into that.

How about starting from the beginning? What is the issue? Where is the data log?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    cant datalog anymore, computer wont recognize software took the computer in had the tech look at it and it still wont recognize the cable so i can run tunerpros.

it idles fine in park and nuetral but after running for a few in drive and reverse it stumbles and wants to stall out at a stop or stumble and not get up to speed while trying to drive.

You could try the guess and replace game, but it hardly ever works! Like the symptoms you describe could be a bad EGR valve, bad EST module, low fuel pressure, loose wire or 100 other things?

Wasn't this running and getting data logs at one time? What happened then?

If I were you I'd be fixing the laptop, cable and software! This way you can see what is causing an issue. There has been many problems with cable installations lately do to the FTDI Chip drivers update... the updates don't work with some/most/all ALDL cables.

Read this thread carefully, there is also a link in the thread to where we found this issue. You may need to uninstall the cable completely, re install and then install the old drivers. It has worked for everyone so far.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-TunerPro-RT

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    You could try the guess and replace game, but it hardly ever works! Like the symptoms you describe could be a bad EGR valve, bad EST module, low fuel pressure, loose wire or 100 other things?

Wasn't this running and getting data logs at one time? What happened then?

If I were you I'd be fixing the laptop, cable and software! This way you can see what is causing an issue. There has been many problems with cable installations lately do to the FTDI Chip drivers update... the updates don't work with some/most/all ALDL cables.

Read this thread carefully, there is also a link in the thread to where we found this issue. You may need to uninstall the cable completely, re install and then install the old drivers. It has worked for everyone so far.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-TunerPro-RT
    no egr, fuel pressure has been checked, tps, iac, o2, temp sensors etc have all been checked and are working. can i replace just the est or do i have to go the whole computer route?

yes it was getting datalogs at one time the next time i plugged it into the truck and nothing happened went back inside to diagnose the cable and computer and i cant get feedback between the two anymore. ive done all the disgnostics as listed in a few threads on here. is installing the old drivers and such listed in that thread? i never had any software for the cable the one time i plugged it in the computer recognized it and it worked to datalog. if theres a walk through on how to uninstall drivers and the ftdi chip and such in that thread i can certainly give it all a try.

Fuel Injected!
    i got this figured out awhile back thought id update. havent datalogged because i havent been allowed to work n anything. im on bed rest because of my back, getting surgery mid march on it and hoping to get back to this. basically my computer wasnt grounded and was sending all my sensors on the frits that and i have a bundle of wiring that was shorting out in my harness. so the truck would idle but in gear it wouldnt read anything. also the knock sensor replacement i had was fried.

Fuel Injected!
    Glad o hear you got it sorted out, bummed to hear about your back probs. get well soon.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!