Thread: Check this picture out...

Fuel Injected!

Check this picture out...

Attached is a photo of the injector regulator assembly on my '90 1500 5.7L TBI. Believe it or not it ran reasonably well overall aside from spitting and sputtering at higher RPM. I have replace the damaged components and she runs even better now lol. Anyway just thought I'd share my find with everyone.

FYI, the gunk in question came from the crankcase vent pipe on the driver side valve cover. I should have taken more pics but was in such awe that I had to see the inside. I scraped probably 2 tablespoons of dried gunk out of the regulator spring housing, changed the spring and diaphragm as well as the injectors(with a known good set) and buttoned it back up. all is great in the world. Now when I get to tuning this truck it will respond and run better. Been working on a friends truck tuning it, put his ecm('7747) into my truck, burned a chip and saw some immediate improvements but now I am totally curious as to how much better it will run. Chip and adapter should be here today or tomorrow from Moates.net then the fun will begin.

Thanks for reading my rant lol.

Happy Tuning,

Buddrow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buddrow; 11-22-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

YUK!

Broke spring too?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yep, spring is in 2pieces and the reg canister was full of gunkex up oil. Remedied several problems with this little repair. Blm's are still taking fuel away so going to burn a few tomorrow and see if I can clear it up.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

I have seen some in the junkyards so bad that you could not even see the backside of the injector pod, let alone the fpr. Just a giant pile of crud!
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    This is the worse ive see and im embarrassed to say ive been driving this truck this way for about a year and a half. But like i said it ran reasonably well especially on the low end. The amount of crud was mind boggling. I scraped and scraped to clean it out enough to where i felt comfortable enough to run it.