Thread: WTB: GMPP TBI / Vortec Intake Manifold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, I can't figure out why the spacing keeps disappearing after every sentence? It looks a mess....

Figured it out, for some reason I needed to go into general settings and change the message editor interface!
    Last edited by Kitch; 01-15-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Honestly I did a different approach on the last Vortec I built for a carb application. I have had numerous OEM Vortec blocks that had the bypass hole in the block cast and machined into it. Only the matching opening in the head surface was cast over. I drilled the Vortec head for the bypass passageway. Internal bypass with no external plumbing or drilled thermostats.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Fast, I figured that drilling a hole in the head for an internal bypass should work but in the hundreds of different posts I read most people were running external bypasses or drilling holes in their thermostats. Oddly I only found one post were someone mentioned making it internal but they didn't give much detail.

Fuel Injected!
    With the GMPP TBI/Vortec intake manifold I won't be running an external EGR connection and I'll be blocking off the EGR port on the manifold, does anyone know where you can buy a threaded fitting to block of the EGR entry into the manifold? I was also thinking of plugging the two EGR holes in the plenum floor, to me it looks like fuel could enter the redundant EGR cavity under the manifold?

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Hog,

Thanks for the reply.
    I was going to make my own block off plate, I actually needed the pipe hole plug for the intake manifold.
    Your part numbers helped me track down the part I needed http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...56596/10002/-1
    Now I just need to find one from somewhere were the freight is less than $43...

Cheers

Andrew

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    Hi Hog,Thanks for the reply. I was going to make my own block off plate, I actually needed the pipe hole plug for the intake manifold. Your part numbers helped me track down the part I needed http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...56596/10002/-1 Now I just need to find one from somewhere were the freight is less than $43...CheersAndrew
    It is actually a hydraulic fitting size. Might be able to track down one local. I tracked down a cap for the EGR port on my Thorley headers when I converted to the Marine intake. Been a while but I want to say it is a JIC fitting.