Thread: a coulpe ? to help me understand

Fuel Injected!

a coulpe ? to help me understand

To start I have an 85 k5 blazer changing to TBI with all stuff from the same 1988 truck. I have a 7747 with a AKAH chip.
    So first question what is the easiest way to connect the harness to the 85 truck harness, Do you just splice together all the common color wires in the 85 bulkhead connector feed anything new through a new hole in the firewall?
    @nd how do I get a different chip done? AKAH has t400 kickdown and I need to convert it to something with 700r4 lockup. They both use the same wire to control the transmission function just need chip to control it.

If your not burning chips? I can do that end.

You may be better off asking the guys at CK5 about the harness, I know dyeager is here and there and knows the hows of what years this can be done with a completer swap!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by mjc View Post
    To start I have an 85 k5 blazer changing to TBI with all stuff from the same 1988 truck. I have a 7747 with a AKAH chip.
    So first question what is the easiest way to connect the harness to the 85 truck harness, Do you just splice together all the common color wires in the 85 bulkhead connector feed anything new through a new hole in the firewall?
    @nd how do I get a different chip done? AKAH has t400 kickdown and I need to convert it to something with 700r4 lockup. They both use the same wire to control the transmission function just need chip to control it.
    I would use a Stand Alone wiring harness that has 4 wire hook up, Battery +, Battery -, Ignition Switch "On/Start", and Ignition Switch "Start Only" In case your interested, I have a new stand alone harness I'm willing to sell.

I'm thinking, AMUR is a 700R4 Chip. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    for the first one I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on burning stuff. I may take you up on this, what do I need for you to do this?

Fuel Injected!
    ow much do you want for the harness?

for the first one I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on burning stuff. I may take you up on this, what do I need for you to do this?
    There are a few options to burning your own chips. One of the options is to modify the 7747 ECM to use newer 27SF512 Flash Chips, see pics below. The 27SF512 chip can be flashed with a Moates.net Burn 2 (http://support.moates.net/burn2/) about $85. The 27SF512 Flash chip are about $5.00 each. The ZIF socket, is about $7.00. The tuning software TunerPro RT can be downloaded free, but there is a suggested $39 donation.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

ow much do you want for the harness?
    Private Message sent.

dave w

Dave, I'll bail out and you can take care of him on chip to since you have a harness for him!

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Dave, I'll bail out and you can take care of him on chip to since you have a harness for him!
    Hi Mark,
    I'm not sure what help is needed by mjc. I've got projects to finish, so my available time is limited.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I have to order a new fuel tank before i can start this project so it may be a week or so before i start, then i will get with you guys on a chip and maybe the harness

Fuel Injected!
    Fuel tank and pump on the way so i am going to start this. My question now is about EGR stuff, i will be getting rid of it do i need to program out that stuff or does it run ok with it just disconnected?

EGR has to be turned off if not physically present.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Got tunerpro and playing with it/ learning what it can do.

Fuel Injected!
    I am getting this put together and want to know if I can get one of you guys to help burn me a chip? i want to learn all the the hardware stuff with this conversion so then will work on burning chip for the next one(My sons 89 jeep)

I am getting this put together and want to know if I can get one of you guys to help burn me a chip? i want to learn all the the hardware stuff with this conversion so then will work on burning chip for the next one(My sons 89 jeep)
    I'll be willing to help with a chip. Send me a PM for details.

Many EFI beginners go with the Moates.net Burn2 $85. http://support.moates.net/burn2/

dave w