Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting a GM TBI system on my 1972 Ford F-250

Electronic Ignition!
    Okay i got the first harness done today.I eliminated the EGR knock sensors an the ESC . These things will turned off when computer is reflashed. For timing control i'm using the ignition module out of the GM distributor along with the GM coil to. ok here some pics of the finished harness

soldering wires

I got it stand alone 2 grounds 1 batt 1 key on source. I will be using 2 relays on thw batt an key on wired

Electronic Ignition!
    Okay with projects it seems like things always change or take a diffirent path .Well it has happened here Instead of doing my 72 F-250 first, i'm doing my 1978 Bronco with a 351m first

This is the empty shell waiting for body and paint work

The harness i built seemed to fit perfectly so the rest of the parts i have collected over the last year for this GM TBI system are going onn the bronco . Don't worry I will still be doing the 72 F-250 it's just going to be awhile . I was able to get the throttle body mounted today on the edelbrock intake plus i got the map sensor mounted well i found a bracket that worked great so i used it , well enough babbling time for pics

one free 5.7 throttle body mounted on trans adapt part# 2210

had to trim bolts that hold throttle body to the adapter

test fitting on motor

map sensor bracket mounted

I think it looks oh so pretty lol well still got some more things to get and the bronco needs a ton of work like rewiring the whole rig . im going to use the the wiring harness kit from speedway so i will keep you all posted

Looks awesome!

Are going to use spark control? If so, are you interested in some helpful tips on modifying the Ford duraspark dizzy? Also, what:

heads
    cam
    intake

are you using? Parts of my tune might be helpful.

Attachment 8786

Attachment 8787
    Last edited by mmigacz; 03-30-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    1986 ski centurion boat, 351W, gt40P heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 1227747 ecm, 72 lb/hr injectors (@18 PSI fuel pressure), .490/.490 lift, intake 278 duration, exhuast 282 duration, 112 lobe separation

1969 camaro, 355ci, performer RPM intake, camel hump heads, 1227747 ecm, 454 throttle body (@18 PSI fuel pressure),

2016 Chevy Cruz

2014 Chevy Silverado

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes i'm using the module out of the GM distributor with the GM coil I found a diagram on how to wire it to the ford duraspark dizy

heads are stock

cam stock

intake edelbrock performer

of course any help is always appreciated but the rig is a long ways from running i was just mocking everything up

Electronic Ignition!
    Okay its update time: I have been wondering how i was going to mount the coil and the ignition module. Then one day while i was working at the wrecking yard I saw a coil bracket out of a 97 suburban that had it's ignition module attached to the coil bracket well with a little modification i was able to mount it to the fire wall and fabbed up a piece of aluminum as a heat sink for the ignition module okay here are some pics

coil bracket mounted on firewall bracket

Carb and Points!
    awesome stuff