Thread: Kudos to Eaglemark and crew!!!

Fuel Injected!

Kudos to Eaglemark and crew!!!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Mark for getting this site together and keeping it going as well as th constant udgrades he has made. Also, there is an awesome group of fellas on here, Six, Robert, Dave W, Greg...Im sure ive missed several and ill get ur names on here as well. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and a very giving spirit and for that I thank you. Keep up the good work and hopefully some day i can repay for all that I have learned here.

With that being said, I would like to me tiin that i have finally gotten the time to tinker wih changing the bin around on my stock '90 1500 step side w/5.7L auto. Made some minor changes today and my butt dyno says "good job" lol. Gonna make some more runs, with datalogging (for u inquisitive types ;)) and some changes to the spark table and she if she picks up a lil more. If all goes well I will be applying what i have learned on my buddies '92 1500 ext cab with a 383 very mild cam build. Strange with his truck has the '299 ecm and his truck ran like crap with 454 injectors but when i plugge in my '7747 ecm with asdu bin idled smoothly and ran ok other than a lil bog on accel which i can tune out. Just like a carb, only different lol.

Anwho, thanks to all for all you do. Ill report more when i have more.
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    They have been super gracious dealing with me and my Frankenstein of a setup even though I still have no clue of what I am doing and am so frustrated right now.

Fuel Injected!
    What r u working on and whats th issue? I definitely dont know it all but if i can get my heap runnin mayb i can help.

Fuel Injected!
    LOL.....

You sure you want to get involved in this?

It's a 3.4l gm 60v6 with a TBI using a 1227747 ECM and a modified ASDU 5.7l bin.

Having problems and getting frustrated because I am impatient and the 21 mpg highway is irritating me.

Fuel Injected!
    So is it the fuel mileage thats gettin to u? Or is there another issue lol
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

First thanks to buddrow! But the site is only great because of all the great people here!

Damanx has done well and doing better. I think his problem is he's a really smart guy and some of this stuff is simple! I thought you had that new spark table built by now?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    First thanks to buddrow! But the site is only great because of all the great people here!

Damanx has done well and doing better. I think his problem is he's a really smart guy and some of this stuff is simple! I thought you had that new spark table built by now?
    That is a HUGE problem with me. I over analyze things WAY too much.

Working on it.

Been reading and printing and reading more. Would you believe that I actually figured out today how to use the History sample counts......

Yeah...I know......

LOL

Edit to add that at the moment, I'm hung up on learning everything I can about timing and what not. One of the things I did not do when I put this engine in was to rebuild the distributor. I don't recall how much end play was in it, but I'd bet there was probably a bit.
    Last edited by damanx; 11-17-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I would also like to thank everyone for this sight, it has opened a new and interesting world for me.

Quote Originally Posted by buddrow View Post
    Just wanted to give a shout out to Mark for getting this site together and keeping it going as well as th constant udgrades he has made. Also, there is an awesome group of fellas on here, Six, Robert, Dave W, Greg...Im sure ive missed several and ill get ur names on here as well. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and a very giving spirit and for that I thank you. Keep up the good work and hopefully some day i can repay for all that I have learned here.

With that being said, I would like to me tiin that i have finally gotten the time to tinker wih changing the bin around on my stock '90 1500 step side w/5.7L auto. Made some minor changes today and my butt dyno says "good job" lol. Gonna make some more runs, with datalogging (for u inquisitive types ;)) and some changes to the spark table and she if she picks up a lil more. If all goes well I will be applying what i have learned on my buddies '92 1500 ext cab with a 383 very mild cam build. Strange with his truck has the '299 ecm and his truck ran like crap with 454 injectors but when i plugge in my '7747 ecm with asdu bin idled smoothly and ran ok other than a lil bog on accel which i can tune out. Just like a carb, only different lol.

Anwho, thanks to all for all you do. Ill report more when i have more.

Well Said buddrow,

I would like to second your quote.

I try to preach and preach and preach about this site to the TBI Truck guys, but it's like trying to teach math to a duck most of the time... It's helped me tremendously over the last couple of years, and I would be thrilled with 21mpg from my project! lmao
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Administrator
    I try to preach and preach and preach about this site to the TBI Truck guys, but it's like trying to teach math to a duck most of the time
    Don't give up! They already know how to multiply.