Thread: Wanted: eprom ASAJ or ATSU or AUAT or the bin files!!!

Carb and Points!

Wanted: eprom ASAJ or ATSU or AUAT or the bin files!!!

Can't seem to find these anywhere!

Administrator
    I have nothing in my stash but these guys seem to think they can sell you AUAT:
    http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-16150198.html

Also, you might try contacting member Tunedperformance. He had an account with a company selling obsolete and vintage GM parts and may be able to get something. Part numbers are:

ASAJ 16138730
    ATSU 16146623
    AUAT 16150198
    Last edited by 1project2many; 11-07-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I have nothing in my stash but these guys seem to think they can sell you AUAT:
    http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-16150198.html

Also, you might try contacting member Tunedperformance. He had an account with a company selling obsolete and vintage GM parts and may be able to get something. Part numbers are:

ASAJ 16138730
    ATSU 16146623
    AUAT 16150198
    Holy shit, good find! How the hell did you find this I've been looking for days! Now my question is, if I order this, does it come as the whole thing with the blue cover that simply plugs in to the ECM, or do they just send the small chip itself and I have to figure out how to get it in the adapter or whatever it is.

Administrator
    It will be the complete assembly, blue cover included.

Don't bet the farm yet. The site may let you place the order only to contact you later saying it's not available.

Carb and Points!
    It will be the complete assembly, blue cover included.

Don't bet the farm yet. The site may let you place the order only to contact you later saying it's not available.
    Yes you're very right, I've had that happen to me in the past with other things.

Carb and Points!
    Yep, I chatted someone online and they said its discontinued, and I said ya well everyone knows that! But do you have it, and they don't. Christ I can't believe how hard this is to find.

Carb and Points!
    Ok I called the dealer again, and I asked for the federal broadcast codes (apparently my VIN calls for California ones) and when I look up these broadcast codes in the spreadsheet I found on this site, it says they are all for the 2.8 motor, which is the 4cyl, and I have the 3.1 V6. Does anyone find this strange or would this likely work?

Administrator
    I can give you correct BCC's for your car. Post year, make, model, final drive ratio (if available) auto / manual, w or w/o AC.

2.8 is a V6. The 3.1 started as a 2.8. Some of the early 3.1 cals were actually listed for 2.8 engines.

Are you actually in California? If not, the federal chip will probably be fine. If so, and you're worried about the wrong chip being ID'ed during an inspection, it's not that difficult to change it so it's good for inspection.

Carb and Points!
    I can give you correct BCC's for your car. Post year, make, model, final drive ratio (if available) auto / manual, w or w/o AC.

2.8 is a V6. The 3.1 started as a 2.8. Some of the early 3.1 cals were actually listed for 2.8 engines.

Are you actually in California? If not, the federal chip will probably be fine. If so, and you're worried about the wrong chip being ID'ed during an inspection, it's not that difficult to change it so it's good for inspection.
    Oh ok, I thought it was a V4, well that makes much more sense now, and I'm starting to feel relieved…

No I'm not in California so I really don't care about emissions, or inspections. I just want to find the right prom chip. The dealer gave me the 3 prom codes listed earlier for California. The federal ones they gave me are AHSU, ANKJ, APUC, ARBY, and ARXW, which are all for 2.8. Now I've noticed that in the spreadsheet, one thing that all of these codes have in common, California AND Federal, is that the gear ratio says GX3. Currently I have a BFAU installed, and the car thinks its going twice as fast as it really is, so it tops out at around 55mph because its hitting the top speed governor, the speedometer reflects this. So I have been trying to find a better match and I'm thinking the gear ratio might be important to fix this. The car is a 1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon, 3.1 V6, Automatic ME9, and that is all I know, other than the VIN which is L2124788. ECU# is 01227730.

Administrator
    It's probably easier to alter the settings in the current chip so the speedometer is correct.

Carb and Points!
    Its all good, I just found an ARBY off of ebay for $30! So happy, thank you to everyone who responded.