Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0D/0E, temps are celsius, I want fahrenheit

0D/0E, temps are celsius, I want fahrenheit

I have been kinda poking around in the 0D and 0E tuner pro 5 definations, and I have noticed all the paramiters that have tempature, and all in celsius. Is there a way to change these to fahrenheit?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Re: 0D/0E, temps are celsius, I want fahrenheit

Yep.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

and then?

I'm old, when I went to school and detroit made cars there was no metric! Only on dirt bikes...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    Yep.
    Is it as simple as changing a setting somewhere in the options in tunerpro that I have overlooked? Or does it require going into the defination and changing the code in it?
    If its the latter, its gonna be WAY over my head and would need someone to help me. Or mabey someone who has already done it that can post them up.
    I am using the 0D_TPV5_v250.xdf and 0E_TPV5_v250.xdf definations.
    I am also using the 42.xdf for my 7747, but its all in fahrenheit already.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

It's not as simple as just clicking on an option.

The easiest way to do it, is to copy the item that you want in *F, then paste it right below, this keeps the same item together and allows the ability to go back and forth between *C and *F once you're done.
    In the new copy, you need to go in and edit the equation. In many cases things that are temp related actually use a look up table, and you may need to add a *F look up table to be used by the added item. Edit the title to reflect the different units, and you're done.

There is information around on what the look up table should be, or you can also use other XDF to copy the table/equation from.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

In the end you'll do like I did, kicking and screaming the whole way while feeling un-American and using metric. Get used to it! I found a couple graphs I carry in my tune laptop so when my head can't convert I just look at the graph. It's taken a couple years of tuning to get used to C over F but I have stopped kicking and sceaming and going with the flow.

For some reason I still need a vacuum gage in inches of mercury. Probably because that is what I used for 30 years before EFI. Even when Robert helped me make one for the $42 so I had MAPkpa next to inches of mercury for that long I still can't get used to it.

-= =-

Administrator

As another old timer, I agree with EagleMark. Learn to do temps in C. It's easier in the long run. Scantools read them that way, tuning programs display them that way, and people talk about calibrations that way. For the range we work in, you can usually double the C temp and you'll be close enough to have an idea what's up. The actual conversion is C * 1.8 + 32 = F. I've been known to use my cell phone to do the conversion when exact numbers are needed.

MAP doesn't correlate to vacuum gauge readings directly. You need to convert gauge reading to kPa then subtract it from the BARO reading. A gauge reading of 18" Hg at idle equals 60 kPa vacuum but you don't want to be working in the 60 kPa region of a MAP based table for idle. With BARO around 95 you'd have 35 kPa MAP which is just about right for idle settings.

That's why I never understood MAP kpa to vacuum gage!

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many
    MAP doesn't correlate to vacuum gauge readings directly. You need to convert gauge reading to kPa then subtract it from the BARO reading. A gauge reading of 18" Hg at idle equals 60 kPa vacuum but you don't want to be working in the 60 kPa region of a MAP based table for idle. With BARO around 95 you'd have 35 kPa MAP which is just about right for idle settings.
    What?

I think your gauge might be backwards, on my gauges, 60 kPa is about 12"/Hg. 31 kPa is about 22"/Hg.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    It's not as simple as just clicking on an option.

The easiest way to do it, is to copy the item that you want in *F, then paste it right below, this keeps the same item together and allows the ability to go back and forth between *C and *F once you're done.
    In the new copy, you need to go in and edit the equation. In many cases things that are temp related actually use a look up table, and you may need to add a *F look up table to be used by the added item. Edit the title to reflect the different units, and you're done.

There is information around on what the look up table should be, or you can also use other XDF to copy the table/equation from.

eeeh, umm, ok, ughh, yea, I have no idea how to do that
    I guess the main ones at this moment I could think of would be ones for stuff like idle speed Vs temp and stuff like that. I have a app on my phone that does diffrent conversions, and I used that a couple times while looking through the defination.
    Is there simply one setting that needs to be changed in the code to make all tempatures display as *F, or does every singe item in the xdf that has temp have to be changed individualy one at a time?

Making the ADX file is not an easy task. Next time you have one open go to Aqusition, then Edit Aquisition. Pick values and look at equations needed.

-= =-

Administrator

What?

I think your gauge might be backwards, on my gauges, 60 kPa is about 12"/Hg. 31 kPa is about 22"/Hg.
    My vacuum gauge doesn't have kPa. I have to do the conversion from "Hg to kPa manually. Heck, my vacuum gauge has instructions on how to test a mechanical fuel pump printed on the face. It's kind of old. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many

My vacuum gauge doesn't have kPa. I have to do the conversion from "Hg to kPa manually. Heck, my vacuum gauge has instructions on how to test a mechanical fuel pump printed on the face. It's kind of old. :)
    Wow you are as old as me. I had one of those since high school auto shop... tried it once on a fuel pump a couple years ago. Last time it ever worked and I bought a new one.

-= =-

It's an item by item basis.

Tuner Pro is set up so that what ever XDF item is defined, and how it is defined by the author, is how it is used by anyone that uses it. I believe Mark did it this way to make it more universal, so that more applications could be used with the program.

You can start by playing with the XDF and learn how to add, edit and change XDF items. The changes only get saved if you actually save the XDF.

Where would I learn how to do that? I'm not sure if I could, but I could try. It will probably be over my head, but worth a shot.
    And how would I know if I did it correctly?