Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lean cruise AFR ratios wont save?

Fuel Injected!
    Wi Where the men are men and the women are too!

Lean cruise AFR ratios wont save?

Hello the good news is I got the Highway lean cruise mode to work today and can see it come on with my wideband LM-1. Bad news is I can't adjust the AFR chart for highway mode and save it and burn it. I can only use the settings you originally entered. THis is what I am experiencing.

1. When I change the AFR in the chart I hit the save icon and it saves them in the chart. Once that is done if I go to the (Patches) and check the (HIWay lean cruise Esc patch) and it says "Indeterminate data does not match" so therefore HIway mode will not engage without this patch installed.

2.So if I re-install the patch it changes all the Air fuel numbers back to your settings. So basically I can't adjust them and use my own AFR ratio settings without loosing the (HIWay lean cruise Esc patch).

3. What am I doing wrong? ANy ideas? THanks I really want to use it as I am so close!!!!!

Brandon

Fuel Injected!
    -On a hunch I tried (Save bin as) instead of (save bin) and it still won't let me keep my new AFR settings that I would like to try. I am officially lost on this one can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong??????

Heeeelllllpppppp!!!!

Brandon!!!!!

Apply the patch first. Then reopen the patch and it will say "Patched" Poof your done and leave it alone. Then adjust all Highway Lean Cruise Options.

If you checked the patch again after making changes it will say "Indeterminate: data does not match." because you have changed it from original.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks eagle mark it seemed whenever I had "Indeterminate: data does not match." and tried the chip it did not engage lean cruise mode. Maybe I missed something else. But it worked when I left it alone and used your settings. Maybe this message was not the problem then..... I will try again..

Thanks for the help!!

Brandon

You can remove patch to reset, when you re-open the patch it will say Not Patched. Then apply, if re-opened it will say patched. Then if you change any setting in HLC and re-open the patch it will say "Indeterminate: data does not match."

Make sure when patched all qualifiers are set properly, then AFR table and Spark table. It should look like this patched.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Mark, I went through all the steps again and made sure everything was set correctly for engaging highway mode. It still wont work and the only difference I can find is it says "Indeterminate: data does not match." vs. the one that actually works with your original settings. I realize you said that is normal once adjusting the settings, but it still won't work after verifying what you told me to double check. I am going to try and send you my bin to see what is wrong....... Hopefully this will clear some things up....

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Attached Files Attached Files

55 bytes difference and the patch is applied. Do you have a data log and maybe I can see what's not letting it work? Or how do you know it's not working?

CTS has to be over 56* C, MPH has to be over 40 for 31 seconds before it is enabled and MAP has to stay under 74.92...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Mark I don't have a data log but that could be arranged. I usually data log in Winaldi. Would that work for you? I have never done it with tunerpro not sure how. Hopefully I could make a short log this week sometime after work. Let me know if a winaldi log would work? If not I will have to try and learn tunerpro.

P.S. the only way I know it is not working is that my wideband Air Fuel gauge does not change from 14.7 like does when I use your settings. Also in winaldi it should go into open loop mode and that is not engaging it stays in closed loop. With your settings it goes into open loop, plus air fuel ratio goes leaner into 16's. I tried to make it just slightly leaner than your settings and it stays at 14.7 or right around there and won't enter open loop. That is my reasoning.

-How about this in tuner cat I have my egr maxed out so it doesn't come on. Therefore, I did not apply the egr patch in tunerpro. Could this be causing my settings not to engage and start open loop. I don't see how this could be the issue when it works with your settings and I don't use the EGR Patch in either?

Does any of this help????

Brandon

Fuel Injected!
    Another idea , I don't know if any of this helps you? However, I used the difference tool in tunerpro between your patched settings that works and the one that doesn't work with my air fuel changes and there isn't much difference here are the results.

2Bytes different
    address .........Item title....... .............My Air fuel bin settings ...........Marks Air fuel bin 0001..............Checksum........................ .................61......................... 5F
    0B2E .............HIWay Lean Cruise and Esc. done patch A1 .........................9F

Shouldn't this tell us exactly where the change is between the two or is the problem not here in the data?

Thanks I am stumped if you can tell by my random ideas!!!!!
    Last edited by BrandonA.; 10-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.

I don't think I remember how to use WinALDL... it's been so long! Do yourself a favor and get some good data logging with TunerPro!

I'd use the EGR disable patch as it is properly set up to disable EGR, there are many wrong ways that don't work! and it could be an issue? If not with this then something else? Plus no ALDL bit to see when it comes on and off?

So it is working, then you change AFR and it is not working? Are you going higher then 16.5 AFR? Which is max allowed in "Closed Loop - Max Lean AFR"

Or it could be "Open Loop - Max AFR " which is set to 15...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonA. View Post
    Another idea , I don't know if any of this helps you? However, I used the difference tool in tunerpro between your patched settings that works and the one that doesn't work with my air fuel changes and there isn't much difference here are the results.

2Bytes different
    address .........Item title....... .............My Air fuel bin settings ...........Marks Air fuel bin 0001..............Checksum........................ .................61......................... 5F
    0B2E .............HIWay Lean Cruise and Esc. done patch A1 .........................9F

Shouldn't this tell us exactly where the change is between the two or is the problem not here in the data?

Thanks I am stumped if you can tell by my random ideas!!!!!
    That 2 byte change is just the checksum. Are you doing this with an Emulator?

You also need to add some spark timing as AFR get's leaner it needs more spark.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Mark, you got it right it works just fine then I change AFR and it stops working. I only raised to 16.10 in the 50 map column I was going to do more but it quit working once I made the change. So I don't believe I raised it too far. Also I don't believe i can add timing and save it as that will also be changing the original bins numbers so I doubt it would work. I haven't gotten that far as I was trying to get the AFR ratios figured out first. I don't have an emulator, I have to pull the chip out and hook it up to my laptop everytime I make a change. I know there are better ways but I only have this one setup to work on and don't mess with it too often....
    I will try the egr patch this week and let you know if it worked..... Any other ideas are very appreciated!!!!

Brandon

Are you using TunerPRo to make the changes? Do you save bin when changes are made? This updates checksum. I'm not sure if TunerCat updates checksum when changed? Haven't used it in years...

With out a updated check sum, which should change, after a change and saved you will get an Error 51 and nothing works right during that...

I think you had a check sum issue? I just used your bin posted and came up with a different check sum then you posted? Made a change to HLC AFR in 60 MAP and saved, compared and it was the only change along with check-sum.

Or maybe there's an issue with the XDF your using? What version?
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I was using this XDF from you: $42-1227747-V5.9.5.xdf

-Should I try the new one you listed?

-I am using TunerPro to make changes to the bin and they are being saved.

-I guess I am not sure on what exactly a check sum is. I realize it is in the difference tool but beyond that I am clueless. Will the new XDF fix the check sum issue?

Thanks, I will look forward to doing this sometime this week. Hopefully one of these ideas will do it!!

There's nothing changed in the last version that would effect this.

-= =-