Thread: Mods done, some time spent researching but would like to have discussion.

Carb and Points!

Mods done, some time spent researching but would like to have discussion.

Hey, names Rob. Got a 92 Camaro with following mods...

---List of Engine mods---
    305 CID
    speed pro hypereutectic pistons
    081 casting (305 HO heads) Mild port/bowl blend/gasket match (I & E)
    LT1 camshaft
    1 5/8 headers to 2 1/2 collector (shorties)
    Carb'd intake (street dominator/TBI spacer)
    Stock TBI (slightly ported)/ stock injectors (i believe #55's)
    Open element air filter

AIR delete
    EGR delete

---Tuning equipment---
    All Moates equipment
    Burn2 programer
    aldu1 and cabl1
    G2 Mem adapter .060" leg spacing
    Tuner Pro RT (donation made)
    5 starter C2 SST 27SF512 chips
    (and free moates stick (most important.. LOL))

1228746 ECM /$61 Mask

Spent some time in different forum reading through stickies and what not, but I have quite a few questions that need answers (every now and then) so I can move forward in my PROM Tuning learning. So hopefully we can get a discussion going and get a nice steady learning curve goin.

So I've messed with Tuner Pro RT a bit just to get affiliated, logged a few runs with WINALDL... Made some changes to my VE1 and VE2 tables.. Would like to have them checked out to see if anything is way off and maybe throw out a few questions I may be stumped on eventually... Here's what I've come up with so far. (see attachments. 1 stock and 2nd moddified) Lemme know what ya think. (cant seem to get bigger images... :/)

Thanks,
    ROB

rob stock ve tables.jpg

rob modded ve tables.jpg
    Last edited by weaz4200; 10-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Couple things real quick as I'm about to go to sleep... hopefully...

The pictures get bigger for everyone when you click on them.

Why would you use WinALDL when you have TunerPro RT for data logs?

You did a good job on the Fuel VE tables! But at 95% your out of fuel... 85-90 is about tops and that all depends on how a Wide Band reads at WOT high RPM. (Can cheat a little by using narrow band O2 reading but not as accurate) The injectors are going static (stuck open) it's more that they never have time to close and open at that point.

So hows it run? Any issues?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    The pictures get bigger for everyone when you click on them.
    They get bigger for me too but its hard to read the numbers in the tables.

Why would you use WinALDL when you have TunerPro RT for data logs?
    Tunerpro was still foreign and intimidating when I got it, winaldl was kinda plug n play and seemed easier. Plus I just wanted to get acquainted with type of data logged and what it looked like. Things of that nature. I know I will eventually start logging with Tuner Pro just seemed like a lot going on at first. I am getting more comfortable with it though.

You did a good job on the Fuel VE tables! But at 95% your out of fuel... 85-90 is about tops....
    THANK YOU. I did not go through and calculate the exact % total. I assume your getting the 95% with adding the VE2 table to main table correct? With the stock tune it was running rich down low and a tad lean up top... Though these changes I made were strictly only removing % out of VE2 and adding to VE1. (Not really sure why I had to do this but it was a suggestion in a thread I had read.) No changes from logged BLM's applied yet. So if its going static already without applying BLM logged numbers that's crazy. When I logged the BLM's it was while running the stock tune and its a possibility that the BLMs numbers now might be different? Or not.

all depends on how a Wide Band reads at WOT high RPM.
    No wideband yet. On the list of next purchases though. Most likely 80 or so LBS injectors and a TPI fuel pump as well. Right now I was more curious to find out where the limiting factors are so that I could get a better understanding how parts of a combo are affected and what the flaws are.

So hows it run? Any issues?
    I have yet to burn and run the changes. A little intimidated hence I'd rather post my changes and have someone that's knowledgeable at least take a glance and give me feedback. Plus I still have to search how to burn it to the chip so as I don't burn it wrong.

Also have to figure out which one of my BIN parameters correspond to PE. I've read that I want to raise the throttle % so I don't enter PE when logging BLM's just not sure if I'm looking at the right parameter in my BIN. I have 2 "TPS Threshold vs RPM for PE modes" listed in the parameter tree. One is "LOW COOLANT" and one is "HIGH COOLANT". I see nothing else corresponding to PE. I'm thinking the "PE mode HIGH COOLANT" is the one I should address but I'm uncertain. If that is the case then I guess I have to bump up a lot cause right now its 25% across the board.

Carb and Points!
    Well I finally picked up an Innovate WBO2 w g3 gauge. Now Im trying to figure out/ find the hack to incorporate the WB into the datastream so I can record it with tunerpro. I've read about linear and non linear data blah blah... I still cant seem to find the hack for the 1228746 and/or ecm pinout. Hope someone can help.

THANKS,
    Rob