Thread: Ostrich 2 / 7747 ?????

Ostrich 2 / 7747 ?????

I tried to use my new Ostrich 2 with socket booster for the first time today. I was able to load the bin into it, got it connected and the vehicle seemed to run fine with it.

The problem is I cant get Tuner Pro to connect so that I can watch the data when using the Ostrich.

What am I doing wrong?

The Ostrich 2.0 is an emulator only.

You need an ALDL cable that plugs into the ALDL socket to retrieve data from the ECM.

The Moates ALDL Xtreme works great.

Aldo Robertsaar sells a cheaper alternative in the classifieds forum on here.

If you're handy with a bit of soldering Robertsaar has also provided some information on how to make a cable yourself in the Tuner Pro forum.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Thanks for the reply.
    I already have one of Roberts cables I have using for awhile now for data logging with no issues. But this is the first time to try and use the Ostrich2. I think I have it working correctly since the vehicle starts and runs fine with it connected.
    But the problem is any time I try connect through the data log cable, tuner pro just indicates DA connecting but will never connect as it normally does when I am running a chip.
    I am sure it is a simple fix, something I am doing wrong. But I just cant figure it out.

If you're not getting any data through the ALDL port, the ECM is not reading the EEPROM or emulator.

What's the CEL doing while running on the Ostrich? Is it on solid, flashing...?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

When I turn the key on the CEL comes on blinks once I think then stays on steady until I start the engine then it goes off and stays off.

I just reinstalled the chip and tried to connect with the ALDL cable. Now I cant connect that way either.

I have never had and issues connecting before I installed the Ostrich 2. I checked the com ports data cable is using com port 10 and Ostrich is using com port 11.

Not for sure what has changed but I assume something changed after installing the Ostrich.

It's not an ostrich problem or caused by it.

The fact that you can't connect when using an EPROM supports this.

Is the cable "found and functional" at the present time?

Yes, when I checked the cable on my lap top it shows to be present and functioning.

After trying several things I decided to give my old ALDL cable a shot and it works fine.

Not sure what happened to one I got from Robert?? I will have to get in touch when him latter on.

Now that I got every thing working I am going to go and give emulating a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by devind View Post
    Yes, when I checked the cable on my lap top it shows to be present and functioning.

After trying several things I decided to give my old ALDL cable a shot and it works fine.

Not sure what happened to one I got from Robert?? I will have to get in touch when him latter on.

Now that I got every thing working I am going to go and give emulating a shot.
    That might be a driver issue, it has been found that the FTDI chips with certain manufacture dates don't like the newest FTDI drivers and reverting to an older driver solves this issue. There is a thread about this in the Tuner Pro froum I believe, if not then it is in the cheap aldl cable thread started by robertsaar, or in the general tuning forum.