So, with Winnows and GUIs in almost everything these days, "old fashioned" tools that used typed commands are disappearing faster than Arctic ice. Command prompt based tools are all but forgotten but there are still a few good ones out there. One of the best programs for a GM OBDI tuner to have around is Ludis Langens' Bithoist. I'm currently using it along with a batch file I wrote to automatically identify every .bin from the diy_efi .bin library. Here's an example of the output:

File 'c:\d_drive\bins\unknown\BLCD.BIN'
Address: 0x8000,0xffff
CRC: 0x08574b88
Mask ID: 12b
ID byte: 0x12
Sum word: 0x520c
Sequence: Mar 11, 1994 #202 (02C000CA)
Scan ID: 5088
BCC: BLCD (stock)

This gives file size (by the addresses) a calculated CRC checksum based on downloaded data, the correct mask ID, calculated GM checksum, the date sequence if supplied by GM, scan id and BCC. This program has helped me resolve many mystery proms, and has quickly helped me uncover fraudulent "performance" chips over the years. It's also able to output data in multiple formats and to files or other locations to be used by other programs. For the real hardcore guys it can merge the old C3 cal data (what's in the chip) and code (what's on the mask rom) then try to identify the resulting calibration and create an output file to pass to a disassembler.

It's not complete and I've never tried to update or modify it. Later calibrations are more likely to generate an "unknown" than early cals. I simply place files ID'ed as "stock" in my library in a main directory, place files which are identified but not listed as stock in a subdirectory titled "modified," while all unidentified files are placed in a folder titled "unknown." Saves me from starting with a bad or incorrect file when tuning.

I can upload this along with the helper batch file I've created. It's less than 1meg. Where to place it?