Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: what im missing here

Wait a sec... are you using a wideband o2 with the 7747? As far as I know, the ECM can't process the input from a WB o2 sensor without an external signal converter. Get a cheap narrowband sensor in and see if that makes her go into closed loop. Then you can use BLM values to tune the VE tables.

EDIT: And don't mess with the BPW. BPW is calculated from injector size and displacement, so set it once and forget about it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    Wait a sec... are you using a wideband o2 with the 7747? As far as I know, the ECM can't process the input from a WB o2 sensor without an external signal converter. Get a cheap narrowband sensor in and see if that makes her go into closed loop. Then you can use BLM values to tune the VE tables.

EDIT: And don't mess with the BPW. BPW is calculated from injector size and displacement, so set it once and forget about it.
    As far as I know, I believe you are correct, and I was under the assumption that he was referring to his wide band readings from a stand alone measurement, not from the data log., but if he has the wide band o2 sensor hooked up to the ECM, that would make sense for those readings.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post
    As far as I know, I believe you are correct, and I was under the assumption that he was referring to his wide band readings from a stand alone measurement, not from the data log., but if he has the wide band o2 sensor hooked up to the ECM, that would make sense for those readings.
    not to offend anyone or anything, you guys are all trying to help but i keep wondering if i write so badly that i cannot get myself understated...

as far as i know, its possible to have and wb afr gauge in the car even if the cars orginal ecm uses its own 02 sensor...

as far as i know its been only mr ONY who is continuously sending bins where he changes that calculated and forgotten bpw always to 181 what is mostly used for stock injectors...

i don't want to modify my ve table now, i only want to get my idle mixture better, now its too lean, engine shakes and rpm will hunt up and down all the time...

and no, i can't change 40-50 map 800 to 1200 rpm ve values, like its been before with old heads, i can get my idle better like that, but my low speed driving in town will suck, driving 40-50 km/h engine runs 40-50 map and 900 to 1300 rpm and will be too rich, mpg i poor and...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    rytari I don't think you affined any one, I was trying to help an I couldn't.you might go back an try the bin fast 355 made a long time back it may run different after changing heads.
    Last edited by ony; 12-18-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    How about this.. i noticed, now i have smooth idle and afr gauge shows 11.7 to 12.3 but tunerpro dash says my o2 sensor voltage is .760 to .840
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    o2 is showing it rich, if it was 15-16 afr it would probly read 200-300. where is the blm reading that is all I have to adjust with?

Fuel Injected!
    blm is 108-112

could my almost new denso 02 sensor be somehow bad or could there be something else messing the voltage from it...

i found that i can adjust 02 sensors error in bin, also for idle but ,500 is too much error i think...
    Last edited by rytari; 12-18-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    in your bin the mean which is the midrange is set to .499 so the o2 is proble working right. egale mark had a thread on here about using data trace while you are tunning, if you type data trace in the serach box it should appear it might help in sorten things out.
    Last edited by ony; 12-19-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I know how the data trace works in tunerpro
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    here is some datalogs... im not commenting at all, its up to you...

oh.. i can seay something, drivibility is poor, engine nearly dies when coming to stop, i got lean bog at intake when accelerating... and that o2 rich eror when in closed loop...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    and the bin
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    gentlemen, finaly, i got it.. sot of... i throw away that v6 bin that ony suggested and returned to asdu based bin what eaglemark told me to use at the beginning

First i drove and adjsuted my blms by using that daves SPredsheet as good as i could, again i got that too rich idle too lean off idle/ cruising afr:s, then i started to change values to ve 1 table based only data tracing and wb gauge in open loop

Now when im idling i have 13,6 to 13,8 afr and off idle, slow cruising afr`s 14,6 to 15.. both open and closed loop.

First i adjusted those 3 values in table what it uses when idling so that i have good idle.

Then i started to change values in boxes next in row (map) and in colum under (rpm) from the idle ones much bigger than those never came just by using copy paste and blm spreadsheet.

And continued next 2-3 in a row and column by just driving in open loop keeping rpm and map value constantly same and added 0,5 to that value until i got afr i wanted... when i got all sorted out my ve table looks a bit rough but i have nearly same afr:s at any speed in open loop...

Still i have a slight lean moment in "light acceleration" (1-3% tps change or 10 to map) but i doesnt affect driveability so i dont care... and i didnt have to change anything to PE, its fine...
    Last edited by rytari; 02-02-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    glad to see your getting thing lined out. post a data log when you can, still thinking of a cam upgrade for my truck.
    Last edited by ony; 02-03-2016 at 05:43 PM.