Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what im missing here

Well it's always going to idle higher then Desired Idle RPM when cold or in Park/Neutral. Just the nature of this beast.

But your issue in drive when warmed up looks like tune? BLM are max rich at 108 and I think you had to much timing at idle as well.

Try this bin, but when I do changes for people they have to learn to use the Compare featuer in TunerPro and comapre the new bin to old bin and tell me what I did and why! If you don't know why then ask!
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    nature of the what.... :) i dont think it still should be almost twice the oe idle rpm... if my idle would be somewhere about 900 rpm in neutral that would be ok but that 1200 is rather annoying even for a beasts...

advance for idle must be too much, i made one prom with oe SA curve, but i think still not so good, actually i had an stupid idea of taking my timing light and finding what would be best idle timing by removing est wire and rotating dist. like ppl did in old days...

blmīs are 108 but when open loop, my idle is too lean at beginning, is there some value what makes it leaner for some reason at startup and after some delay switch off this value or where could this come? also any ideas for that cold starting, or where comes this that i have to make a second start at morning, or i will have long start...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Idle control can only do so much, if you've got pig rich BLM and an extra 8 degrees timing... well?

Cold start issues can be dealt with Choke Parameters. After VE is in order or you'll be chasing tail...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i just wonder.. i have been having same idle since beginning... and i that time i had way less timing and very lean at idle, but anyway... ill try something again..
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

That cam will need same tuning as any bigger cam change from stock. But it should not be hard at all. Would need more then stock idle timing of say 16*, but no where near the 25* (and varible) you had. If you look at what I did you'll see I not only lowered the spark advance for idle but flattened those surrounding cells for a more stable spark advance at idle.

Similar for the VE at idle but can't flatten it out in $42 as there is not enough resolution in the table to do so. But it's way closer between cells now.

Next log be sure to leave a minute of idle in Park and minute of idle in Drive at end of log!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    so, i havt got the time for that dist. adjust but here one more log for you to see
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    I have bin looking at your log files, I have a v6 that needs a rebuild pretty soon. I thought about putting a better cam in when I do so iam watching. it looks like your tps reading is not matching the map reading when I compare it to my data logs [stock 4.3 ]. your data log just completed on my lap top I will be back later.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't under stand why you are not getting any knock counts. hook up to data log an with [key on data logging take a hammer or wrench and lightly tap on your engine your data log should show knock counts] ,if you pick up knock counts try this bin I didn't change much but pulsr with setting to match the bin iam running I have a stock v6 std trans. my bin may run your truck. first1 is yours modified, second is the one iam running.

Quote Originally Posted by rytari View Post
    so, i havt got the time for that dist. adjust but here one more log for you to see
    Well it's idling in gear at 700-750 and Idle is set to 725 so that's right. In park idle goes to about 1000 so that's right. BLM numbers are now in ball park. So if you want lower RPM for idle then drop the entire table by 100 and see how she does. Never mind I already did your BLM so did the RPM at Idle too, try this.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark delete the bins I posted, you might keep them to look at . there is something wrong with my 747, any bin I try to run in it cel come on after I drive a few minutes, I think my adapter might not have got sodered good.i change a few things in the bin on this thread to a standard trans old truck run smooth till the cel came on, its raining down here and getting realy muddy got to quit for a day or 2.I took that 747 out of a 1988 truck that had all kinds of problems including a curupt chip. I will get a rebuilt one this week an I bet some of the bins I have will out prefom the 288 that I have been running for a while.
    Last edited by ony; 11-23-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    yes, i want idle down cause in emission test it must be under 1000 rpm,ill look what you have done and try it soon when i got time again.
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    rytari dint mean to hijack your thread, that bin I burned a chip it ideled down good tell 747 started not working right it went bad.

Fuel Injected!
    theres so many .bin files here that should idle well and my truck will not do it, just dont know the reason... -v6 i still not tested
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Quote Originally Posted by rytari View Post
    -v6 i still not tested
    Well that's the one that's the one being tuned to your motor and idle issue?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    try that apab bin it ideled good but it is for a standard trans, should idle 600-650 in park or neutral. don't know about in drive?