Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: what im missing here

Fuel Injected!
    oh, and cause it was way too rich i lowered my fpr to stock, 12 psi

Besides the mistakes Fast found there were more, like Knock sensor disabled do to temp?

Give this a shot, it's a fresh ADSU and I think I have it all set for a V6, I used Fast's spark table because he built it on a V6 and is very good at this stuff. VE fueling is a starting point because I don't have the VE you used to make the data log.

Do a log with this and lets see what's going on. It also has Spark Advance and BPW included in data stream.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    today is too late but ill try it morning... i noticed that bpw is 135 in that bin.. wonder if is it ok? thus i got stock 4.3īs 45lbs injectors?

now bin have so many changes compare to my orginal one, been learning some things but not enought, for many things, i still dont know reason and must find some more info...

We will learn ya! Just leave that one alone and run it and let's see some data!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    ok, here

open loop was way too lean, i had troubles getting truck started at morning, as long as it remain open wb afrīs were 17 and over.. in closed loop little better but still something like 15 an so on, knocking very easily.

idle in drive is better, engine wont shake so much, and even thoug its quite lean it keeps rather steady rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by rytari View Post
    oh, and cause it was way too rich i lowered my fpr to stock, 12 psi
    Where was it before?

Yes this log is way lean, but I through it together from info we had then you posted you dropped fuel pressure. With your cam and intake you are going to need more fuel pressure then 12 to supply now improved power and high RPM WOT. Quick calculation looks like your going to need 14 PSI. Which would also get the data A LOT closer!

This bin is also set for base timing to be 0.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Besides the mistakes Fast found there were more, like Knock sensor disabled do to temp?

Give this a shot, it's a fresh ADSU and I think I have it all set for a V6, I used Fast's spark table because he built it on a V6 and is very good at this stuff. VE fueling is a starting point because I don't have the VE you used to make the data log.

Do a log with this and lets see what's going on. It also has Spark Advance and BPW included in data stream.
    I'm snagging this bin!

That timing table looks pretty close to the what I need!

It's got way to much spark for idle for your stock engine. This engine has a aftermarket cam and needs 5-6 more degrees for idle.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    It's got way to much spark for idle for your stock engine. This engine has a aftermarket cam and needs 5-6 more degrees for idle.

Strangely, the stock 3.4 table seems to have higher values than that.....

I'm so confused.

(sorry for the thread jack)

Fuel Injected!
    Where was it before?

Yes this log is way lean, but I through it together from info we had then you posted you dropped fuel pressure. With your cam and intake you are going to need more fuel pressure then 12 to supply now improved power and high RPM WOT. Quick calculation looks like your going to need 14 PSI. Which would also get the data A LOT closer!

This bin is also set for base timing to be 0.

14 psi i had for the previous bin, lowered it to 12 only just to get car running somehow because afr.s were so rich, now i raise it back up but at morning i did the log file on my way driving from home to my garage so i had this lower fpr...

Quote Originally Posted by damanx View Post

Strangely, the stock 3.4 table seems to have higher values than that.....

I'm so confused.

(sorry for the thread jack)
    But what is the bias and is it accounted for in Spark Advance table? Are you seeing actual like in $42? Most others are not, so if there is a 9.8* bias the entire table looks 9.8* higher.

14 psi i had for the previous bin, lowered it to 12 only just to get car running somehow because afr.s were so rich, now i raise it back up but at morning i did the log file on my way driving from home to my garage so i had this lower fpr...
    So the last log I looked at was 12? This is what I thought and suggested you put it back to 14-15 and re-log.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Im sorry if i always do seme messing wiht bins you make for me but ill try just to learn myself what affects and where... here is the bin i used now for a week,

fpr is 13.5 psi

blm:s are way off still, i did some changes to VE but.. working on it...

idle quality is now a bit better, but still too high for any emission testing

iac vs coolant value 12 on most cells kickdown steps 11, still idle 1250 rpm and iac shows 30-39 steps when running... WHO OH WHY it does that...

warm cranging is great, i only have to touch the key and it will run... but cold cranking... if i first crang it for a second, then stop and crank again, it will start fine, but if i just star cranging and continue i might have to crand 5-7 seconds before it starts, is it something "fuel not mixing correctly in my intake" issue or shoud i just change something for the cold crank tables?

this is just my quessingwork based from what i see happening in my WB afr gauge, whe i start cold engine, my afr.s are 14-5-16 but after few seconds afrs will go rich, first to 12-12.5

of cource, when driving, my open loop afr:s are way off... but that comes from the ve being what it is...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

idle quality is now a bit better, but still too high for any emission testing

iac vs coolant value 12 on most cells kickdown steps 11, still idle 1250 rpm and iac shows 30-39 steps when running... WHO OH WHY it does that...
    Read the comments on KickDown!

TIP: The kick down steps (@ $5D8) must be one step greater then the IAC position vs coolant table (@ $5F5) steps for the ECM to fully control the idle speed.

Kickdown steps. These two together form a post-startup rpm reduction. The kickdown delay timer starts right after startup. Once the timer has expired, the IAC is extended by the amount of kickdown steps.
    The kickdown steps must be less than the steps used in
    the IAC position vs. coolant table value (0x5F5): Otherwise kickup will occur. The kickdown steps are subtracted from the IAC position steps, and are added to a term that is decayed out.
    That data log has an Error 51 set. My expreiance is nothing in log is good with Error 51 Prom.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i did have steps first 13 but didnt make any difference... agin that 51... dont know where comes now, i did clear memory before started...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    so, 13 kickdown steps now, no errors, nothing really change

idle sill high etc...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi