Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: what im missing here

Fuel Injected!
    here is idling and driving... li it shows blm are almost constantly 108 but still my afr gauge shows 10.3 to 12.5 when iding and 15.0-17.3 when driving rmp under 1200
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    need to adjust the ve table and check to see if it stays closed loop at idle after you adjust it. the int is trying to lean it out if your blm is close to 128 it will change a lot. if you post a bin I will change it .
    Last edited by ony; 06-29-2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: mor info

Fuel Injected!
    and from where you suggest i should change ve table from... if i make table leaner from 40 and 50 map around 800 rpm where engine usually idles, i will loose driveability below 1200 rpm completly
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    post the bin file you are running I will look at it.with out seeing your bin it is hard to say what to change,I would set afr vrs temp to 14.5 above 60 centigrade.
    Last edited by ony; 07-03-2015 at 02:44 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    rytari I been thinking about how you was doing on your project, I see you are from finland and was wondering how the climate was there compaired to about the middle of texas Huntsville area. I was wondering also if maybe you got a ticket from speeding? if you post a data log with the file you are running I will help you if I can. what I change with tuner pro I can post a saved log of what was changed with tuner cat I cant post what was changed just the bin file I use both tp, tc. ether way it is easyer for me than typing what to change and how much.my worn out v6 does 18-21 mpg and will compete with a lot of unturned v8s in normal driving that is at 65-70 mph and dirt roads and town driving. the way I drive. I plan on up grading my cam and a rebuild,like I said never tuned for a cam so this is very interesting to me.

Fuel Injected!
    i use this one...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    try this file and see if you gain any thing, you can use the copare in tuner pro to see what I change.

Fuel Injected!
    ok... finaly i got that idle problem solved... after all this wondering and troubles it was quite easy, i just changed heads and intake :)

i had vortec heads for years just waiting, i found intake for those so i did the swap and with new setup i have nice idle even with old bin file.

it runs pig rich and advance at high rpm is too low so changes need to be done but i think there must be some better bin to start with compared my old, 25 times modified one, any suggestions what should i use for base...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    what type intake did you install got a picture ? I think iam going to modify my truck this winter and was thinking of using a 2003 4.3.

Fuel Injected!
    i used edelbrock performer intake for carburetor and made adapter for the tb.

My heads are from some 2000+ mercruiser boat engine that had non adjustable roller rockers and aluminium girdle but i took out those.

instead i used arp rocker studs(134-7201) and comp cams full roller rockers that i had in old heads.

i also installed comp 26915 springs and 787 retainers because my cams lift is a bit close to vortec stock springs lift before those will bottom...
    89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    loks good that is the intake I have been looking at.the file you have may be corrupt if you saved the file when you first started tunning go back to where you started and use that file and put your timming table and ve1 ve2 tables into the earlier bin file and get you a data log. the ve1 table will proble have to be reduced by 10-15 % . this is interesting cause I also have a 4.3 and wanting to up grade a little. one thing to look for is the coolent temp reads like it should, so your ecm see it like your old set up. you said pig rich is it by blms or blowing black smoke?

Fuel Injected!
    i have wb gauge in dash and it shows afr:s from 10.3 to 12.6... its very hard to start, feels just like flooding... only warm idle goes somewhere 13.6-13.8 afr..

i do have orange 5.7 engine injectors but those been there before and bin is made for those, i think i might been having some lifter valley vacuum leak or something else with my old intake & heads, i doubt that vortecs will be that much more effiecent that it could change afrs so much...

im not sure if i have orginal non corrupted bin file at all so i just could take more vortec friendly (if there is any) bin and start from there...

89 C1500 4.3tbi

Fuel Injected!
    check an see what the coolent temp is in tuner pro.

Fuel Injected!
    rytari you might try the bin in post 97 on this page, I raised the timming at low map and lowered the pausle with should run leaner than the bin you posted above it. I have been doing some reading have you change over to where you have adjustable valves?
    Last edited by ony; 11-12-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    rytari you might try the bin in post 97 on this page, I raised the timming at low map and lowered the pausle with should run leaner than the bin you posted above it. I have been doing some reading have you change over to where you have adjustable valves?

i havent tried but looked that bin in post 97, there is some changes but i dont understant all of those, example egr ve comp table changes, does what? i dont have egr in use on my bin...

also you add iac steps, i been having hard time to get ilde low enouht and im not sure if i have same issues still but adding steps wont help keeping it low..

inj hyst value and pulse wide offset... these are unfamiliar to me...

and you changed bpw from 135 to 181 ?
    89 C1500 4.3tbi