Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Group Buy for LS1 Flash Tool AVT 852 cable!

Fuel Injected!
    Gentlemen ... Mark wanted the cable to be sold a week ago ... he used his own funds to make the first "group" purchase happen.

If either of you are in the position to purchase it IMMEDIATELY, then go ahead. If not, I will take it (it would become the third one that I have). I don't mind having another spare, and it would get written off at tax time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Sure you did, you even responded! Was just my shipping info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Ok, I am a little more flexible now. Buzz, what do you say?
    I've got four payments and I know who 3 of them are so I'm guessing Andrew F****** is roby?

If so then Munchies can PayPal me and this order of five will be done.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Sure you did, you even responded! Was just my shipping info.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Cables are in!

I do have one extra but must PayPal payment today!
    PM sent
    When you posted this it confused me as I thought you were answering my post, but you had already paid!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hope it all works out. Jumping in knee deep. Hva e 96 Vortec 454 I am going to convert to 411.

What software have folks gotten to work with avt cables besides ls1flash. Obviously tunercats but afaik you cant get a liscence unless you buy a roadrunner. Jet bleh. The avt can abviously talk to and has native support for the 96-97 black box ecms. It would be great if ls1flash could read and write to them. Be nice to work on a tune before I swap over so then I can copy my tables and have a real good baseline...

Atleast that is my thinking.

I know a lot about diesel gensets, guns, and women, but not much about tuning :)

My cable came today.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    I got an email today saying mine had arrived to the border, have to go pick it up next week.

Fuel Injected!
    Played around with DST and have a copy of westers garage branded tunercats as well. Was hoping the demo version of cats would have reading or writing capability but not so much. Anxiously awaiting the ls1 flash write ability.

Anyone know what tunercats does to communicate with 96-97 black box ecms that nothing else will?

Fuel Injected!
    Played around with DST and have a copy of westers garage branded tunercats as well. Was hoping the demo version of cats would have reading or writing capability but not so much. Anxiously awaiting the ls1 flash write ability.

Anyone know what tunercats does to communicate with 96-97 black box ecms that nothing else will?
    Tunercats doesnt read or write, it's accompanying program Winflash does.

The Wester stuff you have, is it GMT or Diesel. Pretty expensive to get into the Wester stuff if you have to pay for it. The full GMT-2 is $7399 IIRC. Good vehicle support though, 6.5 TD, Duramax, Northstar, Shelby etc.. http://westersgarage.eidnet.ca/DPS-LS1coverage.html

He also sells TC vdf's as well.
    John's Tunercats support is excellent, an excellent businessman, and doesnt have a fat head like a lot of self professed tuners do.

peace
    Hog

TunerCat WinFlash OBDII does do the 96-97 as well as 98-00 Vortec Black Box.

I've tested the 96-97 Vortec with LS1 Flash and does not work at this time, well parts do. But antus has said the software will always be in development for new PCMs after the most obvious need is taken care of.

I was informed there are other Read-Write software besides LS1 Flash being developed for AVT cables... no I don't know anything else...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Antus's tool seems most promising. I would love to help, possibly through donation if need be. A straight FLASHING tool with the best PCM compatibility available will sell like hot cakes so it can be made affordable. I think I saw "$100" thrown out there.
    If it did all GM OBDII up untill the CAN stuff it would be GREAAAT.

Can't wait for the overpriced tuner co's start squirming.

I havent called Tunercats CS yet, but as I understand it now Winflash OBD II wont be sold separately. All I want is flashing and reading
    Last edited by Munchies; 01-13-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Well if you look at DelcoHacking.com and see how involved he is? It will be done! Actually it has been done but with some software illegalitys and his product software is all original!

WinFlash OBDII cable and software is only available to people with licensed TunerCat OBDII software. If it were available no one would be going through this trouble of writing new software!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thats what I had figured on Winflash. Can't wait for the next ls1flash update :)

Carb and Points!
    I have no experience personally but this forum says the avt boxes work with a lot of different commercial products already in the market
    http://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10255-alternative-to-dhp-advanced-vehicle-technologies

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89303
    Last edited by geep; 02-14-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Carb and Points!
    This might be interesting for some http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...e-reflash.html