Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newb Tuner Can you help me get started

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I think he means ALDL cable when he says ALDL? I've given instructions to load ADX. Wonder if he is clicking connect?
    im clicking connect that is the double arrows as you stated before. my house computer connects to the ALDL just fine the laptop does not. i also could not find anywhere where it said being somewhat close to the driver you have listed. maybe the question is where is the com port driver?

all in all truck will be off duty for a bit so it gives me time to figure this out when i can spare a moment. last night we pulled the rear end for a friends truck and that give me the push to put my trutrac'd 14 bolt in.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I think he means ALDL cable when he says ALDL? I've given instructions to load ADX. Wonder if he is clicking connect?
    No, what I mean is I don't understand post #3, it's gibberish, I don't speak Gibberish. I can muddle through Misspelled, Missedaword, and Lackofpunctuation, but not Gibberish.

I really wish people would stop and read what they are about to post and see how difficult it will be for others to understand what they are stating or asking, before hitting the "post" button.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I think writing is a skill that is being lost with younger generation do to text and auto spell... even then it's as you say gibberish!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerz281500 View Post
    im clicking connect that is the double arrows as you stated before. my house computer connects to the ALDL just fine the laptop does not. i also could not find anywhere where it said being somewhat close to the driver you have listed. maybe the question is where is the com port driver?
    "Plug your cable into laptop, no need for vehicle, and go to Control Panel,Device Manager, find the com port number and check driver. Should be:"

Finding the device manager is different depending on your laptop Operating System. This is another challenge with tuning as you also need some computer skills. So what OS is on the laptop?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Im worse with autocorrect, usually when im typing on forums and stuff i type a bit too fast because i try not to forget what im putting down.

ill check the driver again later tonight but i did exactly what the one thread said to do.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys, im back on this thread instead of making a new one. finally gave up on fixing my laptop, its been a flaming POS. fortunately i have a good freind into building computers and such willing to lend me his so im getting back into datalogging in hopes to get a few more mpg out of this turd. question being i have to go to a friends shop and get an exhaust leak fixed so i figured thatd be the time to datalog but how much logging is necesarry? and should i do it multiple times, run it end one a certain time elapsed and save it or how does it work? ive had all the masks and bins added before but my laptop i used to try to use would never connect with my truck and then it sorta just died on me. Woody a member on here told me theres some sort of menu that averages multiple logs?