Thread: Super Rich

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super Rich

No, not my bank account. The story so far;---- 87 4x4 1/2 ton 3.73 31" tires 305 with 700R4. I just had to put a new fuel pump in the truck, and since I am eventually planning a build, I upgraded the fuel pump to an EP377. I also installed my modded TBI with a homemade adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a TBI spacer, and the salad bowl mod. Then I had a short in the fuel pressure feed wire which I fixed by cutting out the shorted section and adding in a new wire. It started running really bad, and I figured too much fuel pressure. Sunday I went in to my son's work and we looked at it. 40 psi! not good, so I pulled the adjustable regulator and turned it down. It would pause at 12 psi for about 1/2 second then hit 40 psi again. I think I didn't do the regulator right when I built it, so today I put the stock fixed fuel pressure regulator back on. When I took it out for a test run, it would not go closed loop. I had a bunch of codes set. I pulled the battery cable and cleared them, then went for another run. It did go closed loop for a while, but at 7 minutes I hit an INT of 43!!! At about 11 minutes, it gets an O2 sensor rich code and goes open loop. I know that it is really rich, but would like somebody to go over the log to see if I am missing something.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Square body stepsides forever!!!