Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1986 IROC with ZZ4 350

The purpose of changing the injectors was to get one's with specifications for the bin file.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Still wouldn't explain why it is going max lean in closed loop but ok in open loop! And these are Bosch 3's. Should be the same voltage offsets as a ford 24lb injector. Never the less, shouldn't effect why it is going lean when in closed loop and idle but not in open loop??? I still say that somehow the O2 sensor isn't working properly for some reason.

OK, let's do it your way and start in the middle?

-= =-

Not my way. That's what John at FIC told me.

So after us telling you what you need for 100's of posts over the last couple months you went and got more injectors without data just like the Accell and followed yet someones else's advice? The problem with Accell inectors, like Bosch, they are designed for Fords which don't need the data that GM ECM's do. But I believe the data is there for Bosch.

He took your money too right? Just like the dyno guy?

What have we charged you for all this advice to get going the correct direction? Maybe if you send us a big check you will listen?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    zedrated, listen to eagle mark's advice an try what he says might work,you are running out of things to try from all your other sorces and like he said you haven't been charged a penny but it is taken peoples time trying to get you fixed. if you listen and try what he says might work you might be surprised how your vehicle preforms.[ hell with all the gauge set up do you want it to run or preform on a gauge ?]

Fuel Injected!
    zedradeted I don't have a wbo2set up,what I learned about tunning is get it to run reasonable, then if you have a lot of test equipment start seeing where ever thing is at.you are going after this backwards,wbo2 is a fine tunning tool if I understand this right. the posts I have read from a long time ago you should have listen to eagle mark and the other folks that had [sugestoins] then use your tools for fine tunning. eagle mark can fix it [if you do his suggestions]. like I said do you wont it to run or preform on a gauge or dino?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    Still wouldn't explain why it is going max lean in closed loop but ok in open loop! And these are Bosch 3's. Should be the same voltage offsets as a ford 24lb injector. Never the less, shouldn't effect why it is going lean when in closed loop and idle but not in open loop??? I still say that somehow the O2 sensor isn't working properly for some reason.
    There's lots or reasons this could be happening with a modified motor and several adjustments to help with this situation. Or it may be the cam just needs to be OL Idle? What is your idle RPM set to? What is the MAP reading? Where is the O2 sensor located?

These are all things to look into and adjust after setting up the bin/calibration with proper information like Injector Batt Offsets.

So these are same as 24LB Ford injectors. Put them in a Ford and they will be just fine. But they are not the same as 24 lb GM injectors... so we need to insert proper Injector data! Or just go in ceircles again like we did with your 30lb Accell injectors.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    What are the fuel trims saying when its goin lean? What are the o2 voltages doing when it goes lean? The wideband says its going lean so what are the trims and voltages saying when wideband says its lean?

Fuel Injected!
    Maybe I missed it but did you post a log for these guys to look at? Where is the wideband o2 installed at?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    What is the MAP reading?
    I hate to be disrespectful but I come one here to learn and to listen and try things and maybe I have been a little stubborn at times but never disrespectful and always appreciative and you keep talking about me not listening and being very cocky on some of your replies yet you ask a question like this and by now u should know I have a MAF system!

You guys on here recommended me to John at FIC and said that he is a reputable guy, I also spoke to SouthBay and he couldn't give me voltage corrections either and John had told me that he couldn't give them and they are available if I look them up but said that it isn't a big deal on such an old computer so I kinda listened to him because talking to him he seemed like he really knew his stuff. Maybe the best thing for me to do is get an emulator and try things out on the fly.

I didn't post a bin for this problem yet, the WBO2 sensor is located just after the Y-pipe meets before the cat that is punched out. The NBO2 sensor is located on the left header just before the collector flange.

I hate to be disrespectful but I come one here to learn and to listen and try things and maybe I have been a little stubborn at times but never disrespectful and always appreciative and you keep talking about me not listening and being very cocky on some of your replies yet you ask a question like this and by now u should know I have a MAF system!
    Very rarely am I rude. But I thought it time to be blunt, we have hundreds of posts trying to help and this injector specs have been an issue since you started, long before you wanted to learn, when you were trying to hire someone to tune. Your right, I should have known it was MAF by now.

I didn't post a bin for this problem yet, the WBO2 sensor is located just after the Y-pipe meets before the cat that is punched out. The NBO2 sensor is located on the left header just before the collector flange.
    Not the bin, the XDL/datalog so we can see what is happening.

Narrow band is in header? Not collector or exhaust pipe? Do you have a picture?

If so your issue is common at idle with NB O2 sensor in header as it picks up one cylinder exhaust more then a blend do to low exhaust flow.

-= =-

Here's a chart that shows the problem with injectors flow, they are not the same.

injector_offset.jpg

Also on another topic but it does have more charts with flow issues and how it effects tunes.

http://www.injectordynamics.com/WhosGettingDrilled.pdf

-= =-