Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Data Upload and New to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    There could be something other than the .bin causing the rich condition. I didn't see anything in the data log that pointed to a sensor (TPS, O2, or MAP) as being suspect faulty or a cause for running rich. Maybe one of the injectors is not working correctly to cause the rich condition? I don't think there is a 100% way of knowing, from a data log, that an injector is bad.

Here are few what if's that I'm thinking might help:
    Swap the computer chip between the FJ40 / FJ55 and see what happens?
    Data log both vehicles with each chip? (I'm thinking the FJ55 should show good data logs with both chips?)

dave w
    Good ideas!

But I think the rich is from the cam. As RPM increase in log BLM are better, pretty common cam change data log.

It's always a good idea to have injectors serviced before tuning! I always have them done and see as little as 3% to as much as 12% difference, the worst ones are 35 on one side and 12% on the other!
    \http://www.mrinjector.us/

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!

Quick Reply and Thanks

Thanks for all the input there EagleMark.

The bin that I have in Landy 1 seems to work well compared to what I was initially using, and up to now building Landy 2. I was not all that interested in learning more about tuning. When I first had that spark of enthusiasm and drive I could not find a good forum of folks to learn with. The half dozen other sites seem to be graduate level tuning with the associated vertical learning curve that did not appear to flatten out for new guys. I have read hours and hours of posts from guys like me starting out bright eyed and eager then just disappear from the thread with no conclusion from what I could tell. Now dont get me wrong, there are success stories too. Lets be positive!

Good point made by EM was bins burned by others are not necessarily optimum and now that I have been enlightened I bet Landy 1 could use some attention also. It will have to wait until I gain the knowledge to clean up Landy 2 first. However, first chance I have I plan to data log a couple drives on Landy 1 to read and compare the two, plus see if anything jumps out. I m sure at some point I will begin to see the differences, I hope.

Meanwhile, I have tagged up with DaveW and for the first time feel confident that I will move forward and become successful learning this black magic procedure and be able to offer my two cents to the next guy when he throws out his problem to the group.

I will go through each point made by EM and get up to speed there with MORE reading and head bruising and try and formulate good questions for the group and DaveW.

Thanks again and all input appreciated......
    Last edited by HvyJet; 10-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.