Thread: howellefi.com thumbs down

Electronic Ignition!

howellefi.com thumbs down

OK. I ordered my TBI adapter for my Clifford Performance intake from Howell Engine Developments INC. I was able to click on part online, add it to my cart and check out. 2 days later I called Howell to check status on my order. They tell me the part I ordered is not available unless I purchase their TBI kit, WTF. After a few mins of asking why they wont sell me the part that I was able to click on and place in cart and order, they tell me they dont have anymore. Then they place me on hold for a few mins then hang up. I dont understand why they would treat a customer that way. I will never buy anything from Howell Engine Delvelopments ever.

Clifford Performance does not have any adapters in stock and does not plan on having anymore made. Jack said he only sells 2 a year and has a min order when he has them made for him and does not want to sit on them.

People suck sometimes.
    New project 261 Chevy Jobmaster inline six, Link here-> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=582468
    Project 3.0l Mercruiser TBI (SOLD that POS)
    Crush all carburetors, LOL.

What about making your own. A throttle body adapter shouldn't be that big of a project. What is the carb base for the Clifford Intake---Holley 4150/4160? What TBI unit are you wanting to use? Can you post a picture of the Howell adapter. There are a lot of sharp people here that may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB, 5.0, 4L80e, Moser M60, 4.10 gear, Homemade twin turbo w/Junkyard T3 turbos, 24x CNP, 12200411 PCM.

I could help do a CAD design and maybe build you a TBI adapter plate? Here is a recent tread for a TBI adapter I designed: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...54-TBI-Adapter

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Clifford intake does not accept a carburetor right out of the box, you buy the adapter from Clifford to adapt carb to it, be it Holley, GM, Weber or what ever. No more TBI adapters to be made by Clifford. I will need to measure the intake opening and post measurements.I would love to make my own adapter on a mill, the mill I have access to has limited tooling. I may take one of you guys up on making one for me. Give me a little while to get measurements of intake opening. Have not picked up my TBI unit yet, was going to hit up a recycler maybe this weekend and pick one up off a 5.0 v8.
    New project 261 Chevy Jobmaster inline six, Link here-> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=582468
    Project 3.0l Mercruiser TBI (SOLD that POS)
    Crush all carburetors, LOL.

Fuel Injected!
    I know this is an old thread. I had to deal with Howell several years ago. their Jeep efi kit was based off a GM 2.8 V6. The thing out of the box ran rich and was a complete disaster. After speaking with Howell they offered to sell a me a new chip to correct the problem. There was a very long pause and silence on the phone when I called them out for not selling the kit with the proper tune in the first place.