Easily one of my favorite Fords,worked on many while at the dealer. They had recalls for the valve covers on both V6 and V8 models,as well as an issue with batteries dropping out while sitting on the lot.These have alot of power hungry modules and stuff going on,the transient amps powering all the stuff just in sleep mode will kill a fresh battery in just a few months.
But awesome cars and fun/comfortable to drive,been trying to talk the wife into buying one for years.

That said,I haven't a clue what would need done. I've never done any mod work on Fords,only factory diag and replacement.
I did attempt to help a few customers with various project swaps,mainly to deal with the PATS system which is way more complicated than the VATS that is used in Gm's.
I can say that there are no real workarounds for the PATS,most have to use the board from the applicable istrument cluster (where the pats module resides) and have it programmed and just mount out of way under dashboard.
So I would make sure the PATS in your LS is compatible with the type in the PCM you use.
I'm also not sure about what would be compatible,since the LS never came with a mod motor. They use coolant pumps and other systems that never came on other models,except maybe a few select models.
The LS V8 IIRC only shares it's platform/powertrain with a couple other vehicles,the Jag and new model thunderbird I think.
Anyway,I still have access to Ford info and can get whatever you might need maybe but I have no real personal insight.
So if you need schematics,diagrams or system descriptions post up or drop me a note and i'll see what I can find.