Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

I think your wasting your time with XDF?

Even if the APP was capable of changing the bin file... then what would you do with it? There would be no way to burn a chip and even it it were flash I doubt you could do that properly from a Android? Surely not through Bluetooth...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Why are you saying that ? What would make this possible on a laptop but impossible on Android ?

While tuning through this app would be cool, I think at this point just getting something that can log will be an AWESOME start. ;)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    But that's already done Chris, I need more challenge :P

Maybe I just don't know what an Android and by Android I'm only thinking a cell phone is capable of? Like a USB port to run this:
    https://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-programmer-p-197.html

Or a USB port to run this for a flash based LT1 PCM:
    http://www.tunercat.com/winflash_des...lash_desc.html

The only reason the ADX data log is going to work is because of Bluetooth. Unless the Android phone I have which powers through a USB cable (at computer end) and has like a wall wart to AC power. Is this an actual USB port?

See that puts me back to the thought of... I'd have no reason to own a tablet, well maybe someday but a tablet to me is just to small a laptop and some have no keyboard, some don't even have a USB port. May as well just have a laptop? Just me thinking out load to you...

EDIT: I remember when a Tablet was the same as a Pill! Which was different then a capsule...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    But that's already done Chris, I need more challenge :P
    Then send it through, I should be getting my Android device this week. ;)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I could add support for the burn2 but while burning chips with a phone can be handy, I think that app I can do a lot of other things that would be a lot more useful :P

As I previously said, Android 3.0+ support USB host mode and "most" devices since then have support for USB. I already have data logging support for both Bluetooth and USB (FTDI only).

Believe it or not, tablets are slowly replacing PC (here is a random link: http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/29/at-...cs-by-q2-2014/).

As a real life example, lets say you want to take a quick data log or adjust VE table cells in the idle area, why would you go back in the house to get your big 5lbs laptop that will take 1 min to boot when you already have your phone in your pocket that could do the job just as good and wireless ?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Then send it through, I should be getting my Android device this week. ;)
    I still need to finish the licensing crap, come up with an icon (that sucks, I'm a dev, not a designer :/) and some random polishing of the app. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    As a real life example, lets say you want to take a quick data log or adjust VE table cells in the idle area, why would you go back in the house to get your big 5lbs laptop that will take 1 min to boot when you already have your phone in your pocket that could do the job just as good and wireless ?
    Because someone's existing hardware supports this way of tuning.

To tune wirelessly most people would have to buy new cables, or devices, though some of us do have BT enabled emulators.

Honestly, I only care about logging and having a dashboard that will display values that my existing car's dashboard won't when it comes to a hand held device. I can't imagine trying to tune on such a small screen. A tablet may be more useful for tuning, but then I would have to go back in the house to grab it anyway. ;)

I'm not saying that full tuning support wouldn't be a welcome addition, or possibly an idea for a different version, but that I, and I'm sure many others, just want to see a logging program for our hand held devices. :)

I'm really liking the idea of having the onboard Android sensors included in the log, it can help pinpoint areas in the log to look at with more scrutiny, by remembering where you were, or under certain conditions that could be referenced by those extra sensors. :)

How about "OBDroid"?

Something like this for an icon would be good:

Just pulled from Google images

OR:

Also pulled from Google images..

Just something along those I think would be good.

Fuel Injected!
    Wireless is cool but not required. I personally don't mind spending a few bucks for that kind of stuff because I love gadgets :D The red devil river adapter works really well and is pretty much plug and play.

About the icon, yeah, I was thinking about not being original at all and have a random gauge like the other 4732748932 automotive apps on Google Play :P I'm not a designer as I said, so I really cannot do anything decent anyway :/

The android sensors in the log is really awesome. It's even more awesome with a log viewer that is beside a Google maps tho. Probably everybody that have tuned a car at some point will remember that one time something weird happened while they were data logging and they want to go back in the log to look at what happened, when you remember where you were (geographically) when that happened, you use the maps to scroll to that location and the data log on the other side of the screen will scroll to that location, it's pretty awesome :)

What about something more like this?

Fuel Injected!
    I ended up just taking a screenshot of a tach in the app and saving that as a PNG. BAM! We got an icon, sort of! Look like s**t but whatever :) Anyway, spending time designing something is a waste of time because I know it's not something I'm good at. So I will continue to code and this icon will have to do for the first version :) We will see if I can find someone to help me designing one later. I'm sure you couldn't care less about the icon :D

Btw, I've looked for ODBdroid name but it seems like it's already taken (maybe by a few apps already :O) - http://www.grc.upv.es/software/obddroid.html being one

Looks good, the app icon is something that can change with an update...

TunerDroid

-= =-