Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Electronic Ignition!
    Haven't been following much lately. But what did you all come up w when looking for download of datalogs?

Fuel Injected!
    Jeff: The 1320 eletronics BT adapter sure is a good one!

babywag: You should be able to use two fingers (pinch) to change the size of an indicator. The font size should change as the indicator get resized.

Xfirez51: Not sure what you mean ? You mean taking the data logs from your Android device to some other device (like your laptop or something) ? You can tap on a data log and email it to yourself. You can also connect your Android device to your laptop and get the files like that. You can also setup Dropbox to get data log from any Dropbox client.
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Jeff: The 1320 eletronics BT adapter sure is a good one!

babywag: You should be able to use two fingers (pinch) to change the size of an indicator. The font size should change as the indicator get resized.

Xfirez51: Not sure what you mean ? You mean taking the data logs from your Android device to some other device (like your laptop or something) ? You can tap on a data log and email it to yourself. You can also connect your Android device to your laptop and get the files like that. You can also setup Dropbox to get data log from any Dropbox client.
    Yes that's what I meant and thanks. Is there a option as to what format the datalog is exported, ie csv, xls etc? Apologies if these are redundant questions.

Fuel Injected!
    The app is logging in CSV and XDL format. CSV can easily be converted to XLS with Excel if you really wanted that format for some reason

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Both the 1320 and red devil river both work well though right?
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Bummers...it's a netbook w/o touchscreen. So no "pinch".
    Any way to resize manually in .adx file?
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

3400tZ

doesn't drop box upload work too?
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Jeff, I have both here, they both work yes. Not sure what you mean for Dropbox but if I understand correctly, yes, the data log files from the Android device will be uploaded to Dropbox.

babywag, there must be a way to emulate a pinch gesture, never used Android on a netbook tho so I'm not sure, maybe try to search Google.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Jeff, I have both here, they both work yes. Not sure what you mean for Dropbox but if I understand correctly, yes, the data log files from the Android device will be uploaded to Dropbox.

babywag, there must be a way to emulate a pinch gesture, never used Android on a netbook tho so I'm not sure, maybe try to search Google.
    yes you understood correctly.. Still deciding what to do.. use the USB and see if I can get it working right.. or use a BT device and not have to worry about the USB handler on the unit I am using...
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

3400tZ,

Does ALDLDroid support the 4 extra channels on the 1320 Bluetooth adapter? meaning if I had something on the added channel would i be able to log it?

Still deciding on what to do, but for my sanity and being sure all my stuff connects, I am thinking the BT is the way to go.. I do have a Tablet that I can dedicate to tuning if needed too
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    I've never tried it myself. I guess it depends if the data get added to the data stream kinda like the AutoProm. John (at 1320) would most likely know the answer.

(Reply here are a bit slow as I'm not receiving the forum notification for some reason)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys, I'm the one developing this! I'm 91z24 on v6z24 and 90BlueZ on 60degreev6, and 3400tZ around here... such a terrible idea to have usernames based on the car I own since I had quite a few Z :P

Robert, I'm glad some people are realizing the amount of work required to do this, not everybody does :) I could say the same with ripping hair out for the work you're doing on the firmware side tho :) I'm more into higher level type of programming. I'm really having fun with Android lately.

Chris, if you have an ostrich for sale, you might end up with enough money for an Android device :P I would like to add real-time tuning to the app at some point but it will be a while.

As Chris said, the value displayed on the dashboard are currently just random garbage until I get the ECU comms working. I should receive all the stuff I need for my bench test late next week and will have everything working soon after that I hope. It is the most important part of the app really, so I have to focus on it very soon as most of the other stuff is usable for a first version.
    Suggestion, those old boiler room gauge displays take up a lot of realestate on the displays. Bar graphs seem to be much more effective, from a human factors perspective, at displaying more engine and drivetrain parameters. Just suggesting.

Electronic Ignition!
    Gotta say I am loving this app, It's working flawlessly on my 1227727 running SAUJP v5. The only thing that could make it better for me though would be if it had native support for the NVSRAM module. The ability to push realtime changes from a portable device would make this so much more powerful. I realize it is a limited market as there is probably not a huge number of people running these things here but I think it is more popular with the Australians..... So Any chance of adding this to a future version?

3400tZ,

Question regarding Dropbox....

I have not used this feature yet, but where do the file go to in dropbox once datalogging is complete? Can I as a user define the file it goes to? Is the File Identified in such a way that I would know if it was $8D or $8E or $6E etc?

Thanks
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    maxpowerta, actually NVRAM support is in the work. That's only for Australian ECU tho, it shouldn't be too bad to add support for more I guess once I get the other stuff working but for now I'm stuck on that as somehow my test ECU I was using stopped working. I sent it back to the guy that sent it to me and he's trying to figure out what happened right now. If I add support for more NVRAM ECU, I would need the documentation of whatever NVRAM ECU you want supported.

Jeff, the file will be in an ALDLdroid folder and the file name should be the same as on Android (which is the date and time the log was taken).

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website