Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Super Moderator
    i tried using an OTG cable with a 4GB USB drive on the ZTE Radiant, but it wouldn't detect it.... it claims to be USB host capable, but I'm thinking the ROM might be too locked down?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I have only tried this OTG cable (just got it of eBay for $1) for linking up the AUP1 to my Phone. It connected through the ALDLdroid software by itself once it was all plugged in, from the aldl connector to the AUP1, then from the AUP1 to my phone via the OTG cable.
    My phone is a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note i717 (first edition). That fact that it is rooted "may" be the reason it works?

The ALDLdroid app is some of the most useful money I have spent concerning tuning my vehicles. I am looking to get the Bluetooth adapter for it now. I wanted to try the OTG first and actually use the app before investing $75-80 for the bluetooth hardware.

I also have an LT1 car running the 16188051 PCM and can use the system in that car as well.
    I contacted John at 1320 Electronics and he is working on a 12 to 16 pin adapter so I can use one system on both my truck 12 pin aldl, and my cars 16 pin aldl.

Keith
    04 Lightning Pullies n Tune CAI
    96 Formula WS-6 m6 383 LE3-Heads/GM847/N2O/ Ford 9" 4:33/Sus Work/Stickies/TunerProRT
    93 K1500 383 LT1 with Low RPM 4x4 torque cam

Fuel Injected!
    Always happy to hear such positive feedback Keith, glad you like it :)
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Nexus 7 2013 unlocked bootloader, Android 4.4.4,Timur kernel with rdr cable and otg y cable + Aldldroid= One Happy Customer Here's my dash. I'll post a running screenshot once I get my 97z back up and going.
    Attachment 8446
    And here is the adx I'm using(obd1)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Happy to hear that as well! I like your colors scheme on the analog gauges :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Carb and Points!
    I'm so stealing that color scheme! :)

One thing I'd like to see in the app is maybe an average function, like running average, x minute average. I think it would be helpful for indicators that move around a lot like MPG.

Electronic Ignition!
    Hello! I have trans sport 16141470 ECM F5 mask also A205 is the same. At normal PC with tunerpro a get normal connection. no errors e.c.t.
    But with aldl droid I have connection with errors 1-2 per min and after 5-10 min connection broken. No response from ECU. I choose disconnect and connect again and it start work for some time again.

Fuel Injected!
    Are you using the same ALDL cable with ALDLdroid that you're using with TunerPro ? It sounds like some sort of hardware issue... maybe a loose connection at the ALDL connector or something like that ?

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Are you using the same ALDL cable with ALDLdroid that you're using with TunerPro ? It sounds like some sort of hardware issue... maybe a loose connection at the ALDL connector or something like that ?
    Yes, same cable and same USB wire. I try to monitor virtual port in system by port monitor. I close droid and start serial port monitor and look data from ECU(normal message from ECU) 30 min no any delay or pause.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolov View Post
    Yes, same cable and same USB wire. I try to monitor virtual port in system by port monitor. I close droid and start serial port monitor and look data from ECU(normal message from ECU) 30 min no any delay or pause.
    Get it )))) It was not enough power for USB HUB. Now it runs pefect.
    Thank You for this nice soft.

Carb and Points!
    Great stuff you doing,,, i ordered last week an ODROID-U3 with Kitkat Android and will try out this app via the UART connector. If it doesnt work i will have to use the BT option. Unless any of you already tried this..let me know :)

The ALDLdroid app worked so well that I bought a Blue Tooth scanner device from John at http://1320electronics.com/

It pairs and works perfectly with the app. I emailed John before purchasing the BT device and asked about an adapter to make the BT device connect to both my LT1 car (16 pin aldl) and my truck (12 pin aldl). He made an adapter, and it works perfect with both cars. I can use one BT device between both vehicles now. In the time I first tried this software with my old Galaxy Note running 4.3 it worked fine. I recently got a new phone, Oneplus One, running 4.4.4 and it works well with this too.

Keith
    NE Tennessee
    04 Lightning Pullies n Tune CAI
    96 Formula WS-6 m6 383 LE3-Heads/GM847/N2O/ Ford 9" 4:33/Sus Work/Stickies/TunerProRT
    93 K1500 383 LT1 with Low RPM 4x4 torque cam

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

is the 1320 Bt adapter still the suggested one?

I am installing a different headunit (fits the dash better) It is still android but will have a Arduino connected to it and with the USB ALDL cable I seem to have issues for some reason) while I will not give up on the USB connection I am thinking of the BT then I can plug it in when needed and it would be the only device on the Android BT connection ( phone is handled through a Different BT on the device..

The Arduino will be for some extra creature sensors (temperature mainly) as well as control a couple outputs for my radio..

I just wanted to see which BT was preferred
    THANKS
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Just figured I'd throw this out there....
    Old msi wind u100 netbook, installed android 4.4 on it.
    Bought the app and tried it out, works pretty well with my homemade USB cable.

Had a question regarding the dash though, how to edit font size etc.?
    Manually in the .adx file?
    When adding gauges they are really really large.
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8