Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Super Moderator
    hmm...... also being able to hook my BURN2 up to the phone for quick changes(or burning someone a boxed tune while at a meet) sure would be nice instead of firing up the rapidly aging laptop....

the adapter route looks like it would be better for me. for the dollar they cost, i'm entirely okay with that.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

there are USB Host Check Apps as well to verify it has Host Capabilities
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Super Moderator
    i assumed there would be, but i'm still new-ish to android anything. occasionally messed with a tablet for about 2 months before it ate pavement and put a damper on my fascination with smartphones/tablets.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
    there are USB Host Check Apps as well to verify it has Host Capabilities
    If you read the descriptions of those apps, they still require something to be plugged into the USB port. So all they are doing is giving a pass/fail for someone that can't infer what seeing the device in the file manager means.

I looked at several and could not find one that is a software check for host mode ability. They all mentioned plugging a device (some a specific device) into the USB port for the app to verify.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Android connectors come in 2 varieties, the slave-only 5 pin mini and the much more popular 6 pin micro. The micro is the standard for anything in the past several years. In addition the chip needs to have master mode and the kernel needs to support it. Again, anything recent (3.x and later) should have it, and I think anything 4.x will have it.

Fuel Injected!
    OK I thought I would update this thread since its been a while... I think the last thing I posted a screenshot of is the maps / log viewer split view. Well, that was released couple weeks ago. Last week I was working all week on a new math parser. The math parser is used to parse all the math nodes in the ADX/XDF files. That's where all the equations are defined to take the raw data from the ECU and apply some transformation to display user friendly values. It was rewritten for performance reason as well as to add some features. So now the dashboard should use less CPU (better battery life). It could also mean faster refresh rate on some very old devices. That's something, but nothing crazy but on the XDF side of things, there is a lot of improvements. I've added support for a lot of operators (all bitwise operators, logical or/and, etc etc) that can now be used in equation as well as all the XDF custom functions that TP support (IF/THIS/THAT/CELL/ADDRESS/etc...). All that should give much better support for the more complex XDF files (especially used by DSM guys). This was needed to bring the math parser up to speed with the TP one and I think they should be pretty equivalent now. Hopefully we're just down to minor bugs that will need to be fixed later down the road. But it can't be worse than no support for these features at all really.

There was a couple bug that were fixed in the tuning section that were found while testing that new functionality as well.

So that new version has been pushed to Play about an hour ago! That's it for now.
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Cool. it will have to wait until spring for me now.. I put the car away yesterday :(
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Hi.

Im gonna try to browse through this thread tonight possibly but with almost 60 pages i dont know if i can do that LOL...

I just got a samsung tab 4 so this has my attention even more than ever now.

Has anyone used this with a 7749 ecm?
    Also, dumb question, On my laptop im running code 59, with 3 bar map, that shouldnt have any effect on this setup should it?

and lastly, its the tuning part of this app working fairly well now? I have an ostrich 2.0 and that is a big draw to me if I can use this for tuning also.

Thanks, Chad.

I've used it with $59.

Laptop set-up has nothing to do with the Android set-up, other than the same files are used.

I haven't tested the tuning side of it yet.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Tuning is working well for me and who ever else used it. It has limited testing so I'm sure it's not perfect and it's also a ton more complex than the dashboard side of things but I would say that it's in pretty good shape right now. Any bug you found usually get fixed pretty quick anyway.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome, I see that you are doing a wonderful job at fixing bugs, i will definatly invest in this app and the hardware. Will purchase in a few weeks!

Fuel Injected!
    Today I got the Dropbox implementation working. It's pretty cool, when I click "Stop data logging" in ALDLdroid, a few seconds later the datalog is synced to my PC and ready to be viewed, pretty useful!

The implementation currently work like this:
    - Three folders are synced from/to Dropbox: adx, xdf and datalog
    - datalog folder is synced FROM Android device TO Dropbox
    - ADX and XDF folders are synced the other way around: FROM Dropbox TO Android device
    - Files are replaced only if there isn't already a file in the folder or if the file there is older

It's not exactly straight forward, maybe some days I will really need a help file or something for this app. Not looking forward to write it tho

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

That drop box feature is going to be awesome when get around to using it
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Just pushed an update on Play. Couple interesting features in this release... :)

- Added XDL logging support
    - Added Dropbox integration. Datalogs automatically get uploaded to Dropbox and ADX and XDF files automatically get downloaded from Dropbox.
    - Stop ECU polling while doing chip programming / real time tuning action when using the Moates AutoProm hardware
    - Reset all dashboard indicators to their minimum values when disconnecting from ECU (so that it's obvious you're disconnected and no indicators is updating anymore)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey man, just thought I'd let you know that since the update yesterday it doesn't work anymore. I go to open it and after a few seconds it closes and says ALDLdroid has a problem and had to be shut down.