Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Crap, how come the text is so small on your device, that's weird :| I will have to take a look at that to see what's going on.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's next really... The list I have is this (in no particular order):

- Add an option "Show maps" (if GPS data available if the log) to the data series log viewer that would split the screen 50/50 with a data series log viewer and map log viewer. Location on the map would be highlighted to the current cursor position of the data series log viewer.
    - Add an option "Playback on dashboard" when selecting a data log. That would go back to the dashboard, disconnect from ecu if connected and start the play back. It would also display some sort of slider somewhere on the screen (with a "current time" / "total time" progress thingy somewhere)
    - Add dropbox implementation. Main idea would be to get data log files synced on the user's dropbox account so that they are easily accessible from his computer for review. Maybe it could work two ways and also dropping adx files from the user's computer would push them to the Android device in the right adx folder. Possibly same for XDF and bin files.
    - Allow tuning menu to be splitted in flags/scalars/tables categories with the XDF items being sub items of each category.
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

I'm thinking that since my device is so new, LG may have changed something from previous devices, that has caused of the issues, I've come across. Sound reasonable? I'm also running the second newest (AFAIK) Android version, 4.4.2, so I'm wondering if that's changing anything?

Also while we're on the small font thing, I'm sure it's related but noticed that there is a "disconnected" indication on the dashboard that I never noticed previously. lol
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, actually it's not because of screen size but screen density. Your screen being newer most likely have a lot more pixels per inch (better resolution). Apps need to use scale-independant pixels to look the same on any screen but it seems like I'm not using them for some stuff, which is a bad practice and cause issue such as what you're seeing. I will fix that soon.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

That makes sense. It is supposedly near the top echelon of screens, from what I've read. I do have to say, it does look good. :)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Chris, if you can take a screenshot of your dashboard and post it here, I would appreciate. The dashboard indicators should have the same issue but I don't want to screw up everybody dashboard so I would like to know what it currently looks like for you and decide from there what I'll do. Thx!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

The dashboard indicators themselves look fine, to me, just the stuff that I pointed out earlier.

You can see way up in the top left hand corner the TINY "disconnected" indication...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Yep indicators looks alright, so I will fix the data series log viewer, the disconnect text on the dashboard, is there anything else you're seeing that looks weird ? Maybe the other log viewers ? Or possibly something in the tuning section ?

EDIT: I'm seeing two other problematic text size places:
    - Axis text of scatter plot, both the graph itself and the Z-axis scale on the right
    - Cells of table (ex: spark table or whatever) in tuning section

If you could confirm that sounds right, it would be awesome. Otherwise I should probably just go out and buy a new phone
    Last edited by 3400tZ; 09-17-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Sounds about right, but didn't think much of those, but since you mention it...

Screenshots attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, those seems OK indeed. I've tested with the Android emulator on higher density screen (man that emulator is the slowest thing on earth :|) and it seems like they are fine for some reason.

So I went ahead and fixed the dashboard ecu connection state and data series log viewer text size and left the rest alone. Fixes will be in the next version.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    So this will be in the next release? :P ;) Why are you not working on this RIGHT NOW? lol
    Well, duh, I am! Still need to polish up the code a bit and test it more but seems alright so far. The red circle move as you scroll the data log on the left. Basically, the dotted cursor bar on the left and the circle on the maps on the right are in sync.

I wanted to do this for a while, I really like it, I think it's pretty cool

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Awesome, I can't wait to try it out.

I wish I drove my car more to use this app.. Looking great!!
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Super Moderator
    so, the wife just picked up a ZTE Radiant (Z740), according to this:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...e_z740_radiant

USB 2.0 host/client
    it can run host mode..... other pages aren't mentioning it, is there a more definitive way of finding out?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

You can plug a USB stick into the USB port (either with an adapter or one that has a microB connection for this purpose) and go to file manager, and see if the USB is there. If it is, host mode, if not, likely no host mode.