Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Chris,

- I got the automatically add bin extension done and tested
    - I fixed and tested the GPS speed so that it works with both km/h and mp/h on indicators and data log and changes to unit are propagated in real time without app restart
    - I have added a possible fix for the prevent sleep mode as well. I was able to see one weird thing as well, I'm not 100% sure if this one will fix your issue or not, but we'll see I guess.

All ready for next version
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Any idea when you will release it?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Maybe tonight... if you want...

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Chris,
    I've already fixed the automatically add extension thing, just have to test it and we'll be good to go for that. I will try to come up with a fix for the speed issue next as I know whats going on (but still please confirm if you can!) and then I will do the investigation of the prevent sleep mode issue, we'll see what I find.

buddrow,
    the app will take whatever baud rate is in the ADX file so it should work just fine. The only reason I'm only mentioning 160/8192 baud is because it's 99% of what the people use.
    Ok, thanks 3400tz, after the new screen for my tablet arrives I'll download the app and give her a whiirl. Have a great day.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Version 0.53 will show up on Play in a few hours:
    - Automatically add ".bin" extension to saved / download bin files
    - Fixed speed from Android GPS not being properly scaled to the selected unit on dashboard indicators (was fine in datalog)
    - Possible fix to make "Prevent sleep mode" more reliable

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

The prevent sleep mode works perfectly on my device now.

The speed is a LOT closer. I would say close enough for most people, especially since all GM datastreams have a speed output based on the VSS, so the Android speed input is more of a sanity check. I saw about a 4 MPH error at 60 MPH today, less at lower RPM, so it's just a scaling factor, though I believe my displayed speed based on the onboard VSS reads about 1 MPH high at most points. I need to charge my TomTom and verify speed against it, instead of using my phone.

I haven't tried to download the bin since the .53 update.

I actually datalogged all the way to school this morning, using ALDLDroid, I haven't looked at the log yet though, I'm curious to see how the GPS tracking works in it. :D

My TV II did the same thing that I described previously. This time it it did within about 3 minutes of first start, and then this time I shut the car off because I was at Horton's, and then just restarted the car. The second time it took about 10 minutes before the TV II display became gibberish. It was still sending data to ALDLDroid, so I left it, because I wanted to get a complete datalog. I'm not saying that it's ALDLDroid specifically causing this, it could be the way Android is handling the communication, so I don't really expect a solution to this, it may just be worth noting that ALDLDroid (or Android devices) might not play well with the TV II. Unfortunately there's no other Android app to check this against.
    If I disconnect all power from the TV II, and then reconnect power to it and reconnect ALDLDroid, without shutting off the car it seems to not be an issue.

Fuel Injected!
    For the speed, I'm just converting meters per seconds to miles per hour or kilometers per hour, the raw number comes from the GPS of the Android device, not sure I will be able to do much about this :| Let me know what the other GPS says.

Give the three log viewers (the data series one, the scatter plots and maps) within the app a try also if you can, I've got no feedback WHAT SO EVER, and I've spent a retarded amount of time on them :P

I think you've said before that the dev of the TV II is basically useless to help with this thing ? It would have been useful to talk to him as well as in my opinion, even if the app connected to their device was sending endless crap, it shouldn't blow up. Again, my limited amount of development on those kind of devices tell me it sounds like some sort of memory corruption on their side but I'm not sure.

It's good that the fixes where pretty much all successful for the most part anyway at least!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Question

Why is it whenever I plug a FTDI device into my nexus, I get a prompt for ALDLdroid? I usually press home which ignores it, but wonder if it causes issues with the other devices
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    The app defines all the USB devices that are supported (mainly all FTDI devices) so that the OS knows which device can be used with the app. The prompt is happening at the OS level, pressing home is fine, it just won't do anything.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Thanks, figured as much.. I think it is the other developer's issue. I uninstall ALDLdroid and the other program still did not work
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

I've looked at the different datalog viewers, I'll need to spend more time with them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make use of the scatter graph.

First impression, you need to make the font on the data series view a LOT larger (or selectable size). I have a 5.5" screen and it's hard to read that tiny font. I like the idea, being a kin to the histogram that Tuner Pro has. :D I can see me taking advantage of that. :D

Is there a way to play back the data log using the dashboard view? I haven't found a way if there is.

That map viewer is kinda scary, it was good right to the parking spot I pulled into this morning! :o There was some erroneous data, usually where I got stopped which is typical with consumer based GPS systems.

The speed is close enough for me, especially since you're likely using the buffered output from the Android which I would assume is causing some of the discrepancy. I haven't tested the metric measurement yet though. lol

Yes, as far as I'm concerned the dev of the TV II is useless, he gave me a polite "Go-an F^&K urself" when I suggested that a couple parameters should be added, and would improve the sales to GM users. He's a Honda guy so he didn't see the value in the parameters that I suggested. The TV II doesn't allow you to load your own ADXs to it, it's all built into the firmware, and there's no user adjustment to it, just whatever he decides to add or change. I was quite disappointed in that response, to say the least.

I believe there's a way to define what app(s) open when a device is plugged in. If it's not part of the OS, there are apps that will allow it to happen.

Fuel Injected!
    Can you take a screenshot of that small font issue please, I've tested with my very small screen phone as well as my 10" tablet and both display fine (to me anyway :P).

The data series view like that is the most useful log viewer IMO. That's personally what I use all the time for tuning, I'm too used to MegaLogViewer maybe :P

I haven't done the dashboard playback thing, you think that would be useful ? I'm thinking you would click on a datalog, then you would have an extra option for "Playback on dashboard", it would bring you to dashboard, disconnect from the ecu if you're connected, start playing back the log and that's about it. I'm thinking some sort of toolbar for moving log forward and stuff would be required ? Possibly a slider that would appear on top of the dashboard to do that. It's probably quite a bit of work actually :D

What do you think of another log viewer that would be a 50/50 screen split with the data series log viewer and maps view ? As you scroll the data series log, there would be a circle thingy moving on the map showing your location at that point in time in the log. I think it would be pretty sweet, haven't got around to do it yet.

And yes, there is a way to always open an app with a specific device, it should be a checkbox within that prompt thing we were talking about earlier. I think Jeff was more concerned that ALDLdroid was conflicting with that other app but its not possible, at least not if ALDLdroid is not running.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Can you take a screenshot of that small font issue please, I've tested with my very small screen phone as well as my 10" tablet and both display fine (to me anyway :P).
    Check in the attached images to this post.

The data series view like that is the most useful log viewer IMO. That's personally what I use all the time for tuning, I'm too used to MegaLogViewer maybe :P
    I agree, that's why I like the Histogram view in Tuner Pro (when it works). Sometimes it seems to have playback issues though, in Tuner Pro, not ALDLDroid. ;)

I haven't done the dashboard playback thing, you think that would be useful ? I'm thinking you would click on a datalog, then you would have an extra option for "Playback on dashboard", it would bring you to dashboard, disconnect from the ecu if you're connected, start playing back the log and that's about it. I'm thinking some sort of toolbar for moving log forward and stuff would be required ? Possibly a slider that would appear on top of the dashboard to do that. It's probably quite a bit of work actually :D
    Seems like you've put some thought into this. lol I like where you're head is at, sounds like it should be a good implementation. I know for myself I sometimes (most of the time) scroll through using the dashboard watching for a certain parameter to do something, and then I can compare a lot things all at once, other people may not agree... I would likely put the slider at the bottom or allow it to be moved so that it can be used with a thumb across the slider and not block the view. Could also be vertical...

What do you think of another log viewer that would be a 50/50 screen split with the data series log viewer and maps view ? As you scroll the data series log, there would be a circle thingy moving on the map showing your location at that point in time in the log. I think it would be pretty sweet, haven't got around to do it yet.
    So this will be in the next release? :P ;) Why are you not working on this RIGHT NOW? lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 09-16-2014 at 05:33 AM.