Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    ..... which PCM is it using, the 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder? they'll both require a different ADX. i haven't seen anyone have an issue with the recent versions of the P66 V6 ADX i maintain. i don't know if the ADX for the 4 cylinder version has been built before.
    I'd assume the V6 PCM is in there. Car was bought used w\ no history, and the VIN says 4Cyl, the 3100 on the engine, and the nice purring sound she makes say otherwise. I guess I could just try a bunch of different V6 ADX files until I get one that makes sense of the car.

Super Moderator
    hmm..... maybe someone killed the 2.2 and swapped in the 3100? i would be looking at the trans to see if it has the correct version as well(the 2.2 and 3100 share the same bellhousing pattern, so they can be swapped around).

could take a look under the dash and see which PCM you have, the connectors for the V6 and L4 are fairly different, the L4 uses what looks like 1227730 connectors while the V6 has 3 of the 32 pin connectors that are also used on the 94+ LT1 PCMs. if you can see the sticker on it, the part number can reveal some information as well.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for all the info. I'll take a peek this afternoon and see what I find.

Electronic Ignition!
    Double post. Sorry. Dug through some old photos from when I tore the car apart. Found a 16196397, a 86blxuk243342639 & a 16208254 with an 86blxuk243342639 under it, on one of the boxes under the dash. The 16196397 looks right, as it's for a 3.4 F body, the W body, and the L body for '94-95. Rest of car is a '95, but that doesn't surprise me at all. Do those numbers help?

Super Moderator
    that's the V6 PCM.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-P66-V6

that ADX should work for you.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    that's the V6 PCM.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-P66-V6

that ADX should work for you.
    Awesome. Once my hardware shows up I'll see what happens! Thanks so much!

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like you're all set now pizzaboy192, sweet! :)

So exactly today is the first anniversary of the app (the day I wrote the first line of code of it). Can't believe how it progressed in only a year, I wouldn't have expected the app to be where it is after only a year. Thanks guys for being so supportive! I have no idea what will happen in the next coming year, I will probably continue to develop the app as I think its a good code base for future apps to support other ECUs. Lots of stuff like the dashboard, tuning widgets, log viewers, data logging system, etc can all be reused on any automotive app so I might end up doing that as I do have a good code base for doing it now. If somebody have any idea of platform to supports (Probably no OBD2, there is enough app already), let me know! Obviously ALDLdroid wouldn't be affected by this :D
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    No idea what the average motorcycle uses, but you could probably adapt it to that next. I know a few people who have a phone mount already for Google Maps on their motorcycle, so it could be very useful. You could make a Google Maps widget even.

Fuel Injected!
    Google maps widget is already in there sort of, there is a log viewer that overlay the data log data on a maps based on GPS coordinates. I do have plan to improve that some more tho.

Any technical details for implementation of other OBD1 platform or bikes or whatever is appreciated :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

I plan to finally buy this within the next few days, I now have a device that has USB Host Mode (OTG), and has a large 5.5" screen. :D

My S2 died on me a few months ago, so I had to go back to my iPhone for a while. *ifacepalm*

Just need to find, or make an OTG cable.. Then I can test this app for connectivity though a TunerView 2, which should work just like when using a laptop.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    No way Chris! I don't know of anybody using the app with the code59 ADX (I assume that's what you're still using...) but I have a feeling it will work just fine! You will have to let me know what you think, but I'm sure you will :D

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
    Double post. Sorry. Dug through some old photos from when I tore the car apart. Found a 16196397, a 86blxuk243342639 & a 16208254 with an 86blxuk243342639 under it, on one of the boxes under the dash. The 16196397 looks right, as it's for a 3.4 F body, the W body, and the L body for '94-95. Rest of car is a '95, but that doesn't surprise me at all. Do those numbers help?

You are in luck if you are still watching this topic. Here is a free scan app adapted specifically for that pcm: http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums...for-34l-f-car/
    I used the 16196397 for debugging the software. This app was adapted from the LT1 version for 94/95. No adx file is required.
    Make sure to read the last post, or just change the # sign to a ? sign in the link.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 09-09-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    ~~Gary~~
    1998 Trans Am, Stock, driven daily, original owner

Semi related to this discussion, and my Google-foo is failing me on finding an answer to this question thus far.

What is the (typical) current capability of the USB port on an Android device, as when it is used in "host Mode"?

I would surmise that the minimum capability would be 500 mA, to match typical USB 2.0 standards, but I can not seem to find any stated specs on this.

My concern comes from the fact that I want to connect my phone to my car, but I have another device that is not typically used in the chain, a Tunerview II. This device gets powered from the USB when the car is not on, and while I haven't measured the current drawn yet through the USB port, I would like to make sure that I don't chance blowing out the USB port.

I might modify a cable for now, so that only the ground and data lines are connected...
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Semi related to this discussion, and my Google-foo is failing me on finding an answer to this question thus far.

What is the (typical) current capability of the USB port on an Android device, as when it is used in "host Mode"?

I would surmise that the minimum capability would be 500 mA, to match typical USB 2.0 standards, but I can not seem to find any stated specs on this.

My concern comes from the fact that I want to connect my phone to my car, but I have another device that is not typically used in the chain, a Tunerview II. This device gets powered from the USB when the car is not on, and while I haven't measured the current drawn yet through the USB port, I would like to make sure that I don't chance blowing out the USB port.

I might modify a cable for now, so that only the ground and data lines are connected...
    It looks like most devices are capable of supplying the 500mA that it's looking for, but some devices have issues (Samsung Galaxy S3 is known to get bricked after longer periods of use with USB OTG because the power output board is the same as the charging board, and it just can't handle being able to do both.)

The solution that I've found for OTG is a "Y" cable that is designed to split power between device and phone. I found on on Amazon that has good reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Po...dp/B00CXAC1ZW/

Normally I look up items on Amazon and then buy off cheaper sites, but this is one case of "I'd rather just play it safe than sorry". Some of the items I found on eBay were sketchy and didn't exactly list how it was wired up. This cable seems to be one that splits power, instead of just being either a OTG power cable or phone power cable, but not both.

GaryDoug, Thanks for that tip! I'll pull it down and wait out the next few weeks as my TTL cable is in transit. I've got an old MID (BenQ S6 that I chopped up) that I'll keep in my car for Windows testing that should be capable of basic diagnostics, and will get ALDLDroid once I know it's all working.

Fuel Injected!
    I should have mentioned that mine is a pc app for Windows, just in case you thought it was Android. It supports the ABS and SIR (airbags) modules also, and has actuator (aka "bi-directional") support as well.
    ~~Gary~~
    1998 Trans Am, Stock, driven daily, original owner