Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Version 0.48 is on Play:
    - Added possibility of editing indicator colors. Also moved the add / edit indicator dialog to an activity.
    - Added possibility of marking data log file while data logging

AutoProm APU1 mode ALDL support is next ? I think so!
    Sweet!!!

Oh thanks for the input on the USB.. now.. any suggestions on a USB cable? I really want it to be pigtailed so I can hardwire it, and make it shorter than the one I have in the car, then use the one in the car for other things
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Maybe you can ask Timm (http://www.reddevilriver.com/aldl.html) if he can sell you a cable without the ALDL connector. I'm assuming he's assembling them so that it should be no problem. Otherwise you can ask Moates the same thing.

If nobody want to do that, you just bought whatever one and cut the ALDL connector yourself, you just won't save a few bucks I guess, not too bad :)
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Maybe you can ask Timm (http://www.reddevilriver.com/aldl.html) if he can sell you a cable without the ALDL connector. I'm assuming he's assembling them so that it should be no problem. Otherwise you can ask Moates the same thing.

If nobody want to do that, you just bought whatever one and cut the ALDL connector yourself, you just won't save a few bucks I guess, not too bad :)
    Yeah I could hack it, but want to be sure I am wiring the right pins. I keep looking at some of the other radios but I think I like having the tablet in the dash and I spent too much time making a new bezel to turn back now.. LOL
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Just send Timm or Craig an email, two nice guys, one of them might be able to hook you up, you never know :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Yeah I know.. this winter.. just got done swapping a couple panels.. with the wiring now it is a PITA..

Ah well.. no other options really
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Finally got the AutoPrmo ALDL working in APU1 mode today, both 160 and 8192 baud protocols. So that will be in next release for sure!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    awesome. no more flicking switches when using the laptop or cell phone.

thanks
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Not working on my Apu1. Initially get a checksum error, checked the ignore checksum in settings, it connects but all the gauge values make no sense.

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Can you enable debug log and attach it here please ? Thanks

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Jeff, this update is for you :)

I've been working all week on what I've decided to call "action button" for the dashboard. As of last release, the dashboard could only hold indicators of various type. I wanted it to be more generic so now it can hold "dashboard component" and indicators being one of those components. With that more generic way, that allowed me to add "action button" which is basically what you (Jeff) asked a few posts ago. You can add and move action button the same way as you do with indicator when in edit mode. Currently action button can do three things: Connect to/Disconnect from ECU, Start/Stop data logging and Mark data log. More functions can be added pretty easily when required. Eventually, that new more generic dashboard could allow to add any other dashboard component such as tuning stuff and whatever else we can think of.

I'm to the final testing for this feature. I'm a bit scared because it was pretty much an open heart surgery, over 12 hours of work and over a thousand lines of code so I hope I have improved more things than I've broke but it should be fine :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Attached are 3 debug files.

1. APU1 mode, checksum bypass unchecked, got a checksum error.

2. APU1 mode, checksum bypass checked, lots of readings way off, then I turned phone go landscape mode and ALDLDROID crashed, gave me no option to report the crash, just an OK prompt.

3. Datalogging Only Mode, checksum bypass unchecked, worked fine.

Also attached is the adx file I use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Scrufdog,

Thanks for the logs, that's very helpful. It looks like its very very close to be working according to the logs. I'm not yet sure what's going on tho, it seems like there might be an extra byte at the end possibly for some reason but the beginning of the data is spot on so disabling the checksum should have shown good data still. I will have to dig deeper to hopefully find the issue. I will let you know, probably later this week.

Thank you!

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    if you need more let me know.

Jeff, this update is for you :)

I've been working all week on what I've decided to call "action button" for the dashboard. As of last release, the dashboard could only hold indicators of various type. I wanted it to be more generic so now it can hold "dashboard component" and indicators being one of those components. With that more generic way, that allowed me to add "action button" which is basically what you (Jeff) asked a few posts ago. You can add and move action button the same way as you do with indicator when in edit mode. Currently action button can do three things: Connect to/Disconnect from ECU, Start/Stop data logging and Mark data log. More functions can be added pretty easily when required. Eventually, that new more generic dashboard could allow to add any other dashboard component such as tuning stuff and whatever else we can think of.

I'm to the final testing for this feature. I'm a bit scared because it was pretty much an open heart surgery, over 12 hours of work and over a thousand lines of code so I hope I have improved more things than I've broke but it should be fine :)
    Awesome.. I am out of town until Thursday but looking forward to this version
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Scrufdog, I found the issue with the AutoProm ALDL. I think when I implemented the 160 baud stuff, I broke the 8192 stuff and didn't went back to test it before releasing. The data was off by 1 byte. Long story short, it's fixed for the next version and I assume you will have more luck with that version. We'll see what happen :)

I've already added / changed quite a bit of code in that version so release will be in a near future.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website