Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    The ZTE Z992 is a bit old. It won't do USB but should work no problem with Bluetooth.
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I've just ordered an AutoProm. I think I've finally all the hardware I need to test everything now... I hope :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    The ZTE Z992 is a bit old. It won't do USB but should work no problem with Bluetooth.
    Thanks, may just keep looking for something better.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    I've just ordered an AutoProm. I think I've finally all the hardware I need to test everything now... I hope :)
    Sweet. Keep us posted.
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Forgot to ask... Are the datalog files compatible with TunerPro RT playback? Wouldnt mind recording data with my phone, then playing back in TP to populate BLM history tables for tuning fuel tables.

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Unfortunately, they aren't. The ADL log format isn't open and Mark doesn't have any interests to share the specs. I would have to reverse engineer it but that's just too much work for what it would gives.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

I thought that was the whole purpose of recording data with a TunerPro RT ADX file? To use it again or playback in TP? So what is the data log from ALDL Droid? Like a spreadsheet file?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yes it's CSV. Data log can be viewed in MegaLogViewer (best option IMO) or with Excel or with the internal log viewers (currently only maps and scatter plot).

Creating a history table log viewer thingy could be done within the app as well if people are interested in that.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I want to be able to copy the BLM average history table into that excel sheet that recalculates VE tables.

Fuel Injected!
    Well, you should be able to make a pivot table in excel with the RPM column and MAP column and the BLM as data and get the average of each cell. That shouldn't be too hard to do. Otherwise, I might be able to make a history table export thing from a data log at some point :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I have no idea what a pivot table is. So if you get a chance, some sort of history table function similiar to tprt would be cool.

A video review I did on the 1320 Electronics ALDL Bluetooth adapter and the ALDLdroid android app. This is for OBD-I GM vehicles.

I thought I would share the info as I could not really find much out there. so I thought I would try and do a in depth video. Anything I missed I tried to add into the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibnQ7axKB4

Current: '91 1500 Suburban (3rd owner), 350 TBI, 700R4

TBI system: RV Morse Bored TB - Matched FIs - Adjust. fuel psi regulator - Injector pod spacer - RV Morse Powerplate - Hypertech "salad bowl"

Full write-up here

Follow the build here

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome video. Great review, thanks for the positive review and I'm glad it was worth the money!

I like these videos as I ironically always learn a thing or two myself. I saw one crash and one other bug that I will have to address.

When you went into the settings section to select the ADX file and went back to dashboard to connect to the ECU, it shouldn't have crashed (obviously). The intended flow is to just click connect to ECU right away and at that point you will get asked for an ADX. That should work without a crash as this is what I tested the most. I will still fix it for when you do it the way you did for sure tho. It still make sense to do it that way and I'm sure other people got that crash but just never reported it to me.

Other issue was when you changed the indicator style, it was taking a while to refresh to the right value. That is because the indicator will only refresh once the value changes (to save battery life) but when something is modified, it should force a refresh to make sure you get the right value right away.

I will get those fixed soon and as you said, changing colors is slowly getting worked on as well (but its a pretty huge task).

Thanks again

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Very well done on the video!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

No problem 3400tz. Usually when I really like a product i have a tendency to do write-ups on them. Plus there is still not much info or video out there on these ALDL readers and App. There are like 2 videos on Youtube and just some snap shots here or there. I figured help spread the word and make driving our old cars even more fun.

As a friend post on my Facebook page about it. "Its cool you are getting 21st century toys in a 20th century car, it's like getting a computer to talk to a rock"

Spread the word I say!

Current: '91 1500 Suburban (3rd owner), 350 TBI, 700R4

TBI system: RV Morse Bored TB - Matched FIs - Adjust. fuel psi regulator - Injector pod spacer - RV Morse Powerplate - Hypertech "salad bowl"

Full write-up here

Follow the build here