Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Carb and Points!
    I just tried the FTDI adapter with my PC, it gets signal from the ECU. But it doesn't look stable.
    Tunerpro gets data at 3 to 5 Hz.
    It looks like it cuts off the signal once, maybe twice, every second. It shows for example, the coolant temp goes from 75 F to -40 F.

The tablet is a Denver 7", dual-core. I guess it supports OTG and USB host mode, since it automatically opens up ALDLdroid when I plug in the adapter.

I hope it helps.

Fuel Injected!
    If the app start automatically when you plug in the adapter, that's a good sign. Now, you should start by making everything stable on PC. Any chance that your ADX was converted from an ADS and you're running into that issue ?

Also, are you seeing any other messages in red than "No response from ECU" ? Does the gauges show anything at all ? Maybe a debug log of the data stream would help. You can go into the settings section of ALDLdroid, enable the comm debug log and restart the app and connect to your ECU again. Let it runs for like 15 seconds, it will create a debug log file in the debug folder of the app. To get to the debug folder, connect your tablet to the USB port of your computer. It will be the same process as adding an ADX file except look into the "debug" folder intead and the file should be there. You can attach the file here and I will have a look.
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Carb and Points!
    I've tried using several different *.adx files, both ones dl'ed from here, from tunerpro and converted from *.ads files.

The gauges in ALDLdroid shows the "standard" values e.g. "Coolant Temp -40 F" and doesn't move or change values during the time its trying to connect.
    Its only flashing red with the "No response from ECU" message.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Yep, the app isn't receiving anything back from the ECU, ever... I've seen four somewhat reasons for this:

1- Bad bluetooth adapter (I've seen that one quite often), obviously unrelated for you.
    2- Loose pin at the ALDL connector, most likely unrelated for you too as TP works, sort of.
    3- The ADX file is just plain wrong, most likely unrelated for you too as TP works, sort of.
    4- No USB host support on android or unsupported USB chip, again seems unrelated to you if the app open when you connect the USB cable.

At this point, all I can suggest is if you can try a different ALDL to USB cable as well as maybe a different Android device, it could help narrow it down as it seems to be one of the two somehow causing issues. :/

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Carb and Points!
    Ok, thanks for the support. It's much appreciated. Didn't fix it, but its fantastic with ur support, and also that fast!!

I'll try another tablet, they can apparently be bought too cheap... (~80$)

And also try to fix the intermittent signal loss, I've got some different chips and ECU's to swap with.

Fuel Injected!
    Personally, I try to stay away from those cheap tablets. A new nexus 7 is already pretty cheap and miles ahead of those Chinese one. The cheap one usually have very poorly written Bluetooth stack and USB as well. Sometime they works great, sometime they don't, sometime they work great but only sometime. It's really hit and miss from what I've seen :)

And yeah getting a stable reading with TunerPro would be a good, so at least you know you have a known good ADX.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I have an HTC One m8, USB OTG adapter and an APU1. 16197427, BNKM, $31 mask. Worth a shot to try this app?
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Sure is! Are you more interested into the dashboard or the tuning section ? The dashboard and the ADX stuff is definitely more tested as it seems like most people use that only. The tuning section should work fine and it should also work for realtime tuning with the APU1 but that's no where near as tested. I'm always fixing bugs I'm receiving when I can get enough info to fix tho :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    TTuning works good too. The logger is really nice also. I should note that when you log, it logs all the parameters in your adx, not just what's on the screen. Very nice feature.
    My 2 psi.
    92 Plymouth Laser, 4 cylinder, cammed, turbo charged, 850cc injectors, big ass intercooler, 3" exhaust.
    Tuned with ostrich 2.0, tuner pro, running Sweed Density and 20 psi!

Fuel Injected!
    You're actually the only one that sent me feedback on the real time tuning Eric, at least we know it works for you and I

That's correct, everything from the ADX is logged. Actually, even a bit more, you get the Android sensors logged (GPS lat/long, bearing, azimuth, triple axis accelerometer data, G force, etc) as well if your have that.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I'll grab it this weekend and see how it does. Assuming I get a good connection, I'll mess around with the live tuning as well.

All I should do is install the app, plug in the OTG and the Apu, and I should be good to go?

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    I'll let ya know how it goes... Trying now

Fuel Injected!
    Nope. Only wants to connect over Bluetooth. The APU1 is connect via USB and the USB OTG cable.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry to post bomb. Is there some app out there to check if thing works. When I plug in the adapter it asks if I want to run Torque Pro or ALDLDroid. I choose ALDL it runs the app, but after selecting my adx file that I copied into the ALDL directory, and hitting Connect to ECU it asks what Bluetooth adapter I want to use. I see nothing in the settings for selecting USB.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, no sure I'm following you... When you plug in the USB cable, it asks torque or aldldroid ? That's fine and shows that the app does detect your USB cable fine. It shouldn't ask for anything bluetooth related as it already detected USB. There is no setting to select USB or Bluetooth, if something is found on the USB port, it will use that, otherwise it fallback to Bluetooth. Did you try restarting the app maybe after you've selected the ADX just to be safe ?

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website