Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Carb and Points!
    Interesting to me that this morning, I experienced the same 'mis-detection' while powered via USB... so, I don't think it's necessarily related to the power source. I disconnected and reconnected a few times, and eventually it detected the proper baud rate on the proper pin.

...Steve...

Fuel Injected!
    Glad to hear you got it going with some ADX fixes Steve! :)
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    So is anybody interested in testing real time tuning with the app and Ostrich ? I should have it ready tomorrow night I think. Need someone that want to help debug (provide info on the setup, how to reproduce, etc) in case there is any issues.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm game. Just say the word.
    92 Plymouth Laser, 4 cylinder, cammed, turbo charged, 850cc injectors, big ass intercooler, 3" exhaust.
    Tuned with ostrich 2.0, tuner pro, running Sweed Density and 20 psi!

Fuel Injected!
    Eric, I've just uploaded version 0.36 to Play. I guess I won't say much and let you figure out the real time tuning stuff (I want to know if its user friendly :)). If you run into any issue or any feedback, email me your XDF/BIN files with steps to reproduce the issue and I will have a look. I suggest changing stuff that have an obvious impact first so that you can make sure its doing what you think it does.

Looking forward to hear back from you :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    Email sent. I had debug checked, but I couldn't find the debug file.
    Quick question: how do you select which bin you want to edit while NOT hooked to the ostrich? I go to select tuning button with nothing hooked up and it pops up with aldldroid not responding...report/ close.
    I have messed with this function before with no problems. Now I can't view any maps or scalars at all. I can view the selections, but when I click on it that's when the error occurs. The bin and xdf are the ones off the laptop and work.
    Last edited by hotrodssnova; 04-01-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: added information
    92 Plymouth Laser, 4 cylinder, cammed, turbo charged, 850cc injectors, big ass intercooler, 3" exhaust.

Fuel Injected!
    We will continue the discussion by email if that works for you, works better for me :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Electronic Ignition!
    Understood.

Electronic Ignition!
    After testing and testing, I have been able to download my bin from the ostrich to my Samsung galaxy s4 with an otg adapter and change my tune, upload back to the ostrich, and have the settings stick. This is the real deal now. Gearheads rejoice! No more lugging that laptop around, hook up your phone and tune!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to afford to get this in a week or so. I need to figure out if the BT ALDL adapter I am planning to make will work with it first. There's mixed information on whether the phone I have will do Host Mode. Maybe I'll just get an adapter and try it out.

Yes Seb, this means I finally have an Android device. Samsung Galaxy SII. It will do the job until I can afford something more updated. :)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Big thanks to Eric for his patience during the real time tuning testing! It didn't took THAT long to figure everything out but I did had to send a few versions. Hopefully it was all worth it in the end! The longest part was not to fix the real time tuning bugs but to fix the regular tuning section bugs so that real time tuning can work properly. I would have thought that all those bugs would have been found a while ago, I guess nobody used the tuning section so far really. Should be much more useful now that it supports the Ostrich tho! :)

Chris, the Galaxy SII isn't that bad, my HTC one V I bought just for testing is worse:) http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/6850,5106. The app should run pretty smooth on it.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Hey 3400tz,

I sent message through play.. Version 41 does not work correctly for the communication on my $8ea. whats changes might have been made to cause it not to work.. looks like the silent commands are not working right anymore
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Jeff,

I didn't got your message on play for some reason... Anyway, I got it now :) I know what change caused that, I will have a look with your ADX to see what's going on. Looks like I broke something while fixing another :/ I will figure this out and release new version soon! Will let you know, thx

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

No worries.. apparently you never got the Play message because I just found it in my drafts

let me know if you need me to check anything, I am fighting an alternator issue so right now the car is together but might be apart later this week

Also I am pretty sure the last time I know it worked without issue was April 12th
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    0.42 has been published to Play, it should fix your issue Jeff! :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website