Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!

This might look like a regular SST27SF512 chip mounted on a BURN2, but it's not! It's special... It's the first (AFAIK) SST27SF512 chip programmed on Android! YAY! SUCCESS! :) Not even a week after getting the BURN2 I'm pretty much supporting all of its features. Now to start polishing things up some more!
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Nice!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    So I've been quiet here in the last week but this turned out to be a ton of work (again). I've spent probably ~15 hours refactoring all the Bluetooth/USB connections stuff so that it can work a bit different now that we have something else than an ECU that can talk with the Android device. When an USB is detected, the app need to figure out what kind of device it is (An ALDL link, a chip programmer or real time tuning hardware) so that it can categorize each connection and get them ready to be used if needed. I also made the app more responsive to new USB devices so that if you connect an USB to ALDL cable, you should now be able to connect to the ECU right away, it was a bit clunky before.

Tonight I was data logging with Bluetooth while programming a chip with the BURN2 over USB, cool stuff!

I'm not sure if I'm going to make this an update right away or have a few beta testers first, but if you're interested in testing and have an Android device that support USB host mode and have a BURN2, please let me know. I guess even user that still just want to use Bluetooth/USB with an ECU only still would be welcome to make sure I didn't broke anything in that area as well.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    have galaxy3 and burn2 also your app but do not have means of connecting yet.Do not want to spend that much more on the Bluetooth or the pre built usb connection.I got the wrong board to build the usb and have not figured out the correct one yet.I am still working on this and look forward to trying it all out in the woods in a real world condition.

Electronic Ignition!
    Hi, I have been trying to get this app to work with the ADX file included in SAUJP V4 but After i select that JP8D V4 1024.ADX file it crashes the app. Any ideas? I am trying to connect to a 1227727 ECU running the SAUJP 4 bin.

Fuel Injected!
    Hi, I've just replied to you on thirdgen.org. I guess we can continue the discussion there if you don't mind. Or email me: aldldroidapp at gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

A little help for the uneducated(me). I have been watching this for a wile, I have learned that my phone (Motorola DEFY XT556) will not do the "host USB" thing. My question…

If I get a cheep “bad ESN” phone off Ebay can I run ALDLdroid? How would I get the app on the phone, down load it to mine then transfer by way of the sd card?
    John

Fuel Injected!
    I'm actually using a phone that I bought on eBay for development that isn't activated. I do download apps on it and it works fine. I'm not sure if a paid app would be any different but I don't think so.

According to this thing here
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-is-a-ba...5264001/g.html

It *SHOULD* work.
    Q: Will I be able to use apps or browse the internet with a cell phone which has a bad ESN?
    A: Apps and internet browsing will work on most phones with a bad ESN, provided the phone has wifi capability and you have wifi access.
    Otherwise, a 7" tablet such as the new nexus 7 works really well :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    So I've just published 0.34 to Play store. It should show up in a few hours. I didn't got any body interested in testing so I did my own testing, hopefully I didn't break too many things :D Full control of the BURN2 (and AutoProm, the chip programming part of it) is in there and all the pretty big changes required to share connections between ECU/chip programmer/real time tuning (not in there yet). As usual, let me know if you run into any issue with that new version.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    A little help for the uneducated(me). I have been watching this for a wile, I have learned that my phone (Motorola DEFY XT556) will not do the "host USB" thing. My question…

If I get a cheep “bad ESN” phone off Ebay can I run ALDLdroid? How would I get the app on the phone, down load it to mine then transfer by way of the sd card?
    You would get the app using wi-fi (in your home or a public service like a library). I have it installed on both phones (unactivated Sprint phone and activated T-mobile phone). Naturally, both needed wi-fi capability.

Fuel Injected!
    Seems to work fine for me with the new release. Of course, my usage is very limited. It seems to run smoother with fewer disconnects now, then again I haven't updated in quite a while. ($EE-auto)

Fuel Injected!
    Gary, cool, thanks for testing! Fewer disconnects ? Any disconnect number greater then 0 is too many disconnect IMO, it really shouldn't disconnect...

Ok, so I've been working for a few days on a scatter graph log viewer. You select an X-axis data serie (ex: RPM), Y-axis data serie (ex: MAP) and Z-axis data serie (ex: O2 (WB)) and it will display something like the screenshot below. I find that combination of data series very useful to see how well tuned my VE table is. A data log with more data would have been better but that should do for now.

Here is how you change data series:

Just for fun, I did one of X: lat, Y: long, Z: TPS, so you can see TPS value along the way going back home.

What do you guys think ? :D

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Awesome option! Just the visual at a glance is pretty cool to see where you are!

I just don't have time to play right now and probably won't for a couple months with this surgery scheduled... can't wait to free up and play with this! Actually it's becoming more of a tool then when it started I thought of it as a... well... non pro tool and although cool! Not a pro tool!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Cool stuff!
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Gary, cool, thanks for testing! Fewer disconnects ? Any disconnect number greater then 0 is too many disconnect IMO, it really shouldn't disconnect...
    I don't remember what I was getting before; it's been a while since I used it. But, when I benchmarked it before updating last night, I noticed quite a few ecm misreads (not disconnects). After updating the app, none. That was using the same definition file.