Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

I haven't gotten a double order lately so only one should have shipped.

You are correct I don't check this thread often enough. I also make EFI swap harnesses, and I am a single parent of two high school exchange students and my niece so that ends up taking time too.
    Last edited by phonedawgz; 02-08-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Timm, it's all good, it wasn't a criticism for you but an advice for him :) We all know you're super busy!
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

So I'm having this issue...

Logged data just fine when the APU was driving my ECM. I burned a chip and drove it, then I get the "no response from the ecm"... LEDs are green with a flash of gold. ADX and Debug is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1BadAction; 02-10-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Fuel Injected!
    Something's wrong with your Bluetooth adapter I think. It should be blue flashing purple. I guess this is what you had when it was working (maybe you remember ?). Here is what the colors mean (I got that from Timm):

Pin D - Idle flashes Green - Connected White with Yellow flashes (now changed to Blue) - Speed 4800 - unidirectional data
    Pin E - Idle flashes Blue - Connected Green with Gold flashes - Speed 4800 - unidirectional data
    Pin M - Idle flashes Red - Connected Blue with Purple flashes - Speed 9600 - bidirectional data

Try power cycling the adapter a couple time and see if it ever start flashing red when idling and blue with purple when connected with ALDLdroid.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

So does it connect with the old PROM?

It connected and ran fine when my APU was attached. And yes, it was blue and purple flashing. Now with a chip installed and ALDL droid process killed it blinks blue. When I connect it says no data from ECM, stays a solid green and flashes the gold LED twice in a cycle.

The only other difference, is last night I was powering it from the USB port. This morning I wired the pink power wire to pin G of my OBD1 connector.
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Fuel Injected!
    I wonder if it could be because of your pin G change. I don't know how these adapter work internally so I will let Timm (phonedawgz) handle this one :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

When the unit is initializing it looks for data on pins D, E and M. When it was flashing red at idle an blue/purple it was seeing the data on pin M and set up for 8192 baud. Since it is now flashing red at idle and green/gold when connected that indicates to me that it is seeing the data on pin E. When it sees the data on pin E it sets up for 160 baud.

Any chance your data pin is in the wrong position on this ALDL connector? The pins can be moved if a different connector was used before with the data on pin M, and this one is on pin E. Just remove the white Secondary Pin Retention clip and then slip a small screwdriver to unlatch the tang that holds in the terminal itself. Then move the terminal to pin M and that should solve the problem.

It's the same everything. Same connector, same wire positions, etc. Only difference is that I removed the emulator and installed a chip, and I powered up pin G instead of using power from a USB cable.

It flashes blue at idle now.

Ok - If it is flashing blue it should connect for you now. If the flashing red problem and non-connecting comes back let me know.

Timm

Quote Originally Posted by phonedawgz View Post
    Ok - If it is flashing blue it should connect for you now. If the flashing red problem and non-connecting comes back let me know.

Timm
    That's what I'm saying. It flashes blue when not connected, then green/gold when i give the connect command, but gives me the error in the file above.

I get the same "incorrect response length" error and LED light flashing when it's only plugged into the USB and not even the OBD port.

ok, so I took the power off of the G pin and it's still doing the same thing. It must be something in the ecm/chip/adapter, etc that isn't working correctly. I'll do some more diagnosis then report back.

Fuel Injected!
    Still working pretty hard on this app. Today I added possibility of adding all the coordinates of a datalog on a map. You just have to click on a data log and tap on "View map", the data log is parsed and the map is displayed, zoom to the right location and you get this:

It will be on Play later this weekend probably with a few other random fixes. This version will also include a bunch of code related to chip programming and real time tuning but nothing exposed to the UI yet as I'm still waiting for my hardware from Moates (should get it next week I assume).

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

What hardware will you support for the realtime tuning?

I just received an update the other day, I cannot wait to get my car back on the road with this app.. I think I am going to use my USB cable for now, need to finish up my install
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior