Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes there are at least four bluetooth devices available.
    I am trying to hardwire.

Fuel Injected!
    Timm (Red Devil River) keep sending me Bluetooth adapters to test. The last one he sent me was the production version of his V2 adapter which automatically detect baud rate, no jumpers manipulation required like V1. I've connected it to both my 8192 and 160 baud ECM and it worked flawlessly. I had to fix one bug in ALDLdroid triggered by the adapter but that's another story (that's what was changed in version 0.30 if you got the update and was wondering).

Awesome product, good job Timm.

Electronic Ignition!
    OK, I got my bluetooth adapter from RedDevil , it connects fine to my S3.
    I get a bunch of X'es across the display and I'm showing "connected " at the top left.
    No readout on anything (including tach). Like I said before I'm getting data out of a hardwired cable to Win ALDL.
    Oh I also updated to the $42 that you suggested. The 1227747 that I'm using was originally out of a 4.3 GM V6.
    Any ideas?

You probably need to assign each gauge to a function. Try setting up each gauge for your application.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    I didn't do each gauge, I figured I'd start with something I knew had an output to Win ALDL, like a tach, which didn't work.

Fuel Injected!
    jbxx, when you update the ADX, you also need to either reset the dashoard (in the settings section) or as Chris said manually reassign the gauges. Deleting the "main.json" file in the dashboard folder of the ALDLdroid folder and restart the app would also work (it will rebuild the dashboard file from the dashboard in the ADX file).

If you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing, it would be awesome! Press and hold down the "volume down" and "power" buttons at the same time to take a screenshot and attach it here.

AFAIK, you're the only one that is still having issues so we should be able to figure it out!

On a semi-related note....

I keep finding Android phones, for prices I can afford, but none of them have USB host mode.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks! I'm really not trying to be a pain in the butt. I really want this to work!
    I will try to mess with this some more this weekend

Fuel Injected!
    No problem! Let me know, we will figure it out, I just need some more data to debug (screenshots, debug log, etc) :)

Chris, I'm still waiting for you to test all those ECUs you have with ALDLdroid :D It makes sense that the cheaper phones don't have USB host mode tho probably because they are older. I'm sure you will find something soon!

Carb and Points!
    1993 vortec v6 l35 W motor. 7427 ecu with bhrj bin and A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx. Just received my Bluetooth adapter from reddevilriver and installed the droid in my Samsung Tab 3. Installed the correct adx file and turned on the key
    and everything worked. Started the engine and was looking at everything and decided to touch one of the gauges to change it, not sure how to do that yet, but the application
    changed to a bunch of squares with lettering. No more gauges. One square had an X in it and under the X it said dead. I don't remember what I did after that, could have hit back, but then
    there were a lot of X's with dead under the X. So then I went to settings and reset the dashboard to ADX default and I got the gauges back. The X's are gone. But now it won't connect.
    I made sure I have selected my ADX file. A few screen shots. Check the info in the red box.

The light in the Bluetooth is blue. Then when the droid is connected it changes to green and then flashes red twice. Everything works fine with my laptop connected, but it doesn't have Bluetooth so it isconnected thru the cable.
    I have tried every setting but nothing changes.
    Last edited by badassdubs; 01-27-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Is there a chance that you've selected a different ADX at some point and then switched to the right one or something ? There seems to be a bug with the reset dashboard thing that I haven't tracked down yet. If it worked at some point, it should still work. After resetting the dashboard, try kill and restarting the app. Once that is done, everything should be fine and you won't have to do that ever again (unless you want to switch ADX).

Carb and Points!
    No. I checked my adx and have not changed it. I just reset the dashboard and killed the app thru settings force stop. Restarted the app and it
    says no response fore ecu in the red box. Do I need to get rid of the other adx files in the apps folder?

Fuel Injected!
    Nope, as long as you have the right ADX selected in the settings section, its fine. I assume you tried a power cycle of the adapter to make sure it didn't got stuck or something ?

If nothing works, please enable debug logging in the settings section and attach here the created debug file (found in the debug folder).

Carb and Points!
    Yes. I have power cycled it. Here is the text.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Something is wrong with the adapter... At first, it was answering with "0" all the time and now it seems to echo back the command and that's it...

Beginning of log:
    Got response from ECU: 00 00 00 00 00 00

End of log:
    Got response from ECU: F4 57 01 00 B4

Email Timm (reddevilriver) and ask him what he thinks of this.