Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Exactly my kind of project, so unique and awesome!

Fuel Injected!
    I've always kind of liked unusual cars.

I think my next injection project will be my 1972 N600 Honda. It's powered by a 600cc, 2 cylinder, 4 stroke, air-cooled motorcycle engine.

The Microsquirt is probably the right ECU for this project.

3400tZ, does your Megasquirt app work with Microsquirt too?

The Austin Healy 3000 in the pic belongs to a friend of mine. It's a blast to drive!

AN600 Honda.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Sure does, MicroSquirt is a MegaSquirt 2 CPU so for the tuning software, it doesn't make any difference. Be careful with the MegaSquirt tho, you might end up having to buy more for your other cars :P Also, you might want to consider the MS3 Pro, still pretty small but not even close to the same price range (but a lot more features, which you might not need...)

Fuel Injected!
    the delco ecu's can do 2 cylinder bikes :D 1227165/1227808 ecu

What is the best device for this? Does it work on an Android phone? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Fuel Injected!
    It does work on a phone. You need a device with USB host mode support (if you want to use that) or Bluetooth (if you want to use that instead). The app doesn't require that much hardware power but a newer device always help. I have an old HTC one V that the app run really well on and that's a 2010 phone (bottom of the line as well).

The nexus 7 is a great little tablet, decently priced and will have way more then enough horse power to drive this thing :)

Thanx for the quick reply!! I am going to get a new phone this week, so just a new Motorola droid will be cool? What is needed to go the bluetooth option?
    Last edited by 18436572; 01-06-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Which Motorola droid ? The original one was released in 2009 and is a bit dated. I guess you're talking about a newer model ? For Bluetooth, you will need one of these: http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.php

Fuel Injected!
    Bluetooth is the way to go. It's a little more money for the ALDL adapter but no wires is awesome!

Great! I have been wanting this set up for so many years. Thank you 3400tz for making it possible. I will be picking out a brand new phone this week and I wanted to know if one model would be better than the others?

Fuel Injected!
    If its new, it should have no problem running the app, even the lower end model these days. :) Again, just make sure it supports whatever connection type you want to use (Bluetooth or USB) and you're good to go :)

Fuel Injected!
    Mike, I totally misunderstood your first point in your suggestions post. After reading properly, I've decided to implement it. 2 hours and 171 lines of code later (geez, I thought it would have been easy :P), here is what I have.

I think I like the digital display below the needle pivot point better as well, I might have to make it the default at some point. :P Maybe I should add a color picker in that "Edit indicator" dialog as well...

Anyway, this is going to be in 0.28, which will be released... sometime. Maybe later this week or something :)

Fuel Injected!
    Don't these graphs take a lot more overhead to draw in area mode than in line mode? When I was adding graphs to my app, I toyed a bit with the area types but noticed that they were way slower on a pc. Not sure about Android of course.

Fuel Injected!
    By graphs you mean histogram ? And I'm not sure what you mean by area mode vs line mode..

Fuel Injected!
    0.28 should appear soon on Play (just uploaded).

Change log:

- Added possibility of choosing where to display the digital display for gauge (above or below needle pivot point)
    - Fixed crash when the itemidhash of a dashboard entry is not present
    - Fixed crash when the packet offset of an ADX value overflow an integer