Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    Sure, if everyone is like you guys, its going to be great :D

0.25 should be on Play now, I've fixed a bug introduced in 0.23 while optimizing things and I optimized the real-time page some more. Not sure if its going to be enough for older device but this is all I could do before getting into open hearth surgery!

Fuel Injected!
    The issue I had with the real time data is solved for the most part. It was due to the "insane" number of entries in the adx file I am using ($EE-16188051-V3.8a.adx). Insane not for TunerproRT, it had no problem with them; but insane for an old slow phone. There are engine, transmission, SIR and ABS parameters, status/bit values, and trouble codes all in the file, and all of them got entered into the app, making the real time data list gigantic. After removing all but the engine parameters, codes and some of the status bits, the data displays just fine; sluggish of course, but ok. For this car and my phone, I would suggest advising the use of four adx files, one each for engine, transmission, SIR, and ABS.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 12-12-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, yeah with the hardware of your phone, that's pushing it a bit with all those entries in the ADX :) We did improve everything quite a bit although it might be possible to improve it even more eventually.

Can't believe I've missed this whole development!
    Going to pick up this app for sure as well as the BT OBDI connection. (Santa, Santa, Santa!)
    I'd like to try it now with my BT on OBDII GTO since my Monte is hibernating.
    Will probably be slow as crap because of the overhead on the ELM (like it does with the laptop anyway) but will confirm my definition and operation.

The tuning looks like a nice feature for me since I do run the NVRAM module on the 730. Dumping the bin back up the ALDL would be sweet if you can work out the implementation.
    MonteCarslow worked on the board and communication interface for it, uses its own windoze app to do it.
    I currently disconnect the logging, call it from a shortcut in TP, wait to complete, reconnect logging.
    Might be something to look into for the future.
    Of course I am biased because it would be most awesome for me :), others may like it too.
    Excellent work,
    Ain't hobbies fun to do in your spare time?
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

Fuel Injected!
    Actually, it won't work with OBDII at all currently. That might be something for the future but we'll see :)

Yeah there is quite a bit of real-time tuning hardware to be supported, we'll see what I can come up with. The Ostrich would probably be the first to be supported tho as it seems to be the most common.

I really feel like its the wrong (worst ?) time of the year to have released this app! It's almost Christmas so people spend money elsewhere, and also it's super cold up north, currently -30C in Montreal today, brrrrr :/ All the toys are stored away for the winter :)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    Actually, it won't work with OBDII at all currently. That might be something for the future but we'll see :)
    I don't think it would be worth the effort. There is already an excellent BT/Android app available for only $5 called Torque, that even has GM enhanced PID's available (and some other brands). You would be playing catchup for no real reason. In addition, there are many hand-held OBD2 code readers for under $20.

Fuel Injected!
    I agree. The only reason I would do it is because it would take me a few hours... and would make the ADX support fully completed in a sense I guess, but I'm not sure it will happen anytime soon :P

Fuel Injected!
    The problem with the OBD2 ADX is that it is written for the ELM327 plugin, not for the ELM327 directly. TunerPro currently has some limitations that prevent its direct use with the ELM327 adapter, mostly I think because the ELM327 uses an ascii format and TunerPro doesn't have a conversion from ascii, so it was necessary to write a plugin. At least that is my impression. You would have to emulate the plugin instead of just using the OBD2 commands in order to use the existing ADX that is available on the TP web site.

I really feel like its the wrong (worst ?) time of the year to have released this app! It's almost Christmas so people spend money elsewhere, and also it's super cold up north, currently -30C in Montreal today, brrrrr :/ All the toys are stored away for the winter :)
    This is a good time to release the product and get the kinks worked out. Last thing you want to do is create an application, force millions of people to use it and then have it fall flat on it's face.

Fuel Injected!
    Gary, exactly, emulating the plugin is a few hours work probably :)

Timm, totally agree'd. I'm glad I had the guys here to help testing before releasing it in the wild! I guess I will soon move to posting to more forum and see what happen :)

The OBDII ADX usage is more of a utility thing to enable veiwing items, not a true logging app.
    I have torque, TP5, and a bunch of hand scanners/software.
    I like to use TP for everything. the ADX gives the flexibility to use it on everything although its not optimal for all cases.
    The ELM is reeeeeal slow for sampling, but for troubleshooting its a bonus.
    BT connection to OBDI or II from the same app and have it available in your pocket = COOL!
    Now to confiscate the wife's tablet...

...but I'm not sure it will happen anytime soon :P
    Nope, someday maybe.
    Focus on your main objectives first.
    Jp

Fuel Injected!
    Got two downloads today, including one from Ontario. I hope its you Chris! Otherwise its just too cold for anybody up north to play with this app on their car :P

Nope wasn't me. Still trying to meet up with the guy that has a phone for me.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Well got the usb board to try the app out and even though I read over the complete thread on this board I still got the incorrect board, it has a serial connection on it instead of a usb connection. Any help on correct board would help.