Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDLdroid

Fuel Injected!
    I try to respect what is in the ADX, if you add a listen silence in the connect macro, it should respect it and add a delay. I would like the app to behave like TunerPro has much as possible so people can just use their ADX as is.

I've uploaded 0.21 to Play, let me know if it helps. If it doesn't, I will have to go with the more sketchy solution unfortunately, otherwise we're good :)

Fuel Injected!
    You are absolutely right. My lack of familiarity with the ADX files was getting in the way. No change with version 0.21; that is the bad news. The very good news is that your app is doing exactly what is asked of it (in the ADX file). So I went back to the file and learned a bit about how to edit it. Now it works perfectly. The fault was not in the app but in the $EE-16188051-V3.8 file and others that preceded it. The silence command was a single one with 20 milliseconds pause time. It looked like two sends in the log data, but I keep forgetting that everything sent is echoed back and recorded as well, so there was just the one transmission. I tested the connection rate using TunerproRT and got 25 out of 30 attempts to succeed without errors (5 failed to silence the bus). Then I changed the macro to be 3 silence command sends spaced 65 milliseconds apart (added "Pause65ms" item to the file) and got 30 successes out of 30 attempts. Copied that file to the ALDLdroid app and again got 30/30 successes instead of 21/30 as I had gotten before. Now the actual delay times that results on my 4-year-old phone is a lot more (80-120ms) but I guess that works anyway. So in a way, we are GOOD.

Another slight issue is that this ADX file has separate sections for engine, transmission, abs, etc and those items are all being included in the app as available, and are not working correctly. For example, there is an Engine RPM item in the transmission data that looks like it is for the engine, but normally uses a separate method to retrieve it. If you try to use it, it shows incorrect values evidently because the app is looking at the engine data instead of transmission data. Unless you planned to include that capability, you may want to lock out those sections from the file loader routine.

ALDLdroid- EE with 3 silence strings.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Gary, sounds good! Glad you got it figured out. I'm happy to know that the app is somewhat consistent with TunerPro as well, that's what I'm looking for :)

About the ADX item being associated with wrong listen packet, I guess that's very possible as you just made me realized now that there is an item "parentcmdidhash" in some ADX item that should be parsed. I guess this tell which listen packet the ADX item belongs to. Can you tell me which ADX file you are seeing that issue (EE_auto.adx seems fine ?).

Thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    It's this one from Mark. It now has the mod I added for the silence fix.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I see, there is even a transmission dash in there. I should definitly look at the "parentcmdidhash" to get the data from the right place. That would be a good first step but then, how do I know I should send the command to fetch the transmission data (It's not part of the monitor macro) ? What happen in TunerPro when you look at the transmission dashboard, does it have data there ? Does it refresh ?

Thx

Fuel Injected!
    Mark or someone with more familiarity can answer that I'm sure. I do know that if I changed the macro to transmission ones, the data list works for the transmission. Just haven't dug that deep yet myself.

Super Moderator
    if you don't include the request in the macro, nothing will show up.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Robert. So the only bug I have is to get the data from the right listen packet when a "parentcmdidhash" has been specified, should be easy...

Fuel Injected!
    Fixed for the next version, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 3400tZ View Post
    I see, there is even a transmission dash in there. I should definitly look at the "parentcmdidhash" to get the data from the right place. That would be a good first step but then, how do I know I should send the command to fetch the transmission data (It's not part of the monitor macro) ? What happen in TunerPro when you look at the transmission dashboard, does it have data there ? Does it refresh ?

Thx
    If you look in the ADX editor there is a separate Connection and data for Engine and Transmission.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I saw the App updated in the last couple of days, I will get out to the garge this week hopefully to check it out.. been too cold here for me to be motivated enough to try
    -=Jeff=-
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Black/Red Interior

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    If you look in the ADX editor there is a separate Connection and data for Engine and Transmission.
    Re: "What happen in TunerPro when you look at the transmission dashboard, does it have data there ? Does it refresh ?"

I think what Sebastien is asking, and I would like to know also, is if any of it is (or can be) automated? For example, if the user selects a transmission dashboard or a transmission item list view, is there any way to switch the connection and monitor macros automatically? I could not find one. Would the user just have to edit the header data screen information each time in order to see the transmission data? Is that normal operation, or do some folks just make another ADX file?

Super Moderator
    no auto switching...

i don't know what kind of update rate you're looking for, but the 94-95 3100 stuff is similar in that it has multiple streams with relevant info in all of them.... what i do is send one request for a secondary stream for every five requests of the main stream. keeps the main stream updating at a rate of near 8 times per second with the secondary updating about twice per second. this can all be done pretty easily in the monitor macro.

of course, there are streams that only need updated once per connection(like grabbing the VIN) and those can be integrated into the connect macro.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Bob, That sounds like an excellent technique for secondary streams, similar to ones I have seen in some OBD2 apps on a PID-to-PID basis. Think I might incorporate the option to do that into my LT1 and L32 apps as well ;-)

Fuel Injected!
    Robert, do you mind showing me one ADX file that has this throttling mechanism for a second data stream that you're talking about ? I don't think I've seen that before in any ADX so I'm curious if ALDLdroid support that (and I would like it to).

Thanks !:)